* i-Installer and ConTeXt updater
@ 2006-06-23 16:04 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2006-06-23 16:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gerben,

When trying to update ConTeXt with i-Installer, I see this:

"Remote Package: Remote is being updated since 2006/06/23 04:02:30"

Is it a normal situation?

Thanks in advance: OK

* Re: i-Installer and ConTeXt updater
@ 2006-06-27 19:59 ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2006-06-27 19:59 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 23, 2006, at 18:04, Otared Kavian wrote:

> Hi Gerben,

Sorry, I did not see this until now.

> When trying to update ConTeXt with i-Installer, I see this:
>
> "Remote Package: Remote is being updated since 2006/06/23 04:02:30"
>
> Is it a normal situation?

If Hans or Taco changes something, the i-Package is rebuilt and seeded
automatically every night (CET). Given that it is 8GB (with beta) and
it is uploaded to at least 4 repositories that takes some time (I have
a 1Mbps upload). But not hours.

* Re: i-Installer and ConTeXt updater
@ 2006-06-27 20:06   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2006-06-27 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jun 27, 2006, at 21:59, Gerben Wierda wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2006, at 18:04, Otared Kavian wrote:
>
>> Hi Gerben,
>
> Sorry, I did not see this until now.
>
>> When trying to update ConTeXt with i-Installer, I see this:
>>
>> "Remote Package: Remote is being updated since 2006/06/23 04:02:30"
>>
>> Is it a normal situation?
>
> If Hans or Taco changes something, the i-Package is rebuilt and seeded
> automatically every night (CET). Given that it is 8GB (with beta) and
> it is uploaded to at least 4 repositories that takes some time (I have
> a 1Mbps upload). But not hours.

Ehh. 8MB of course ...

* Re: i-Installer and ConTeXt updater
@ 2006-06-27 21:39     ` Otared KAVIAN
From: Otared KAVIAN @ 2006-06-27 21:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 6/27/06, Gerben Wierda <Gerben.Wierda@rna.nl> wrote:
> On Jun 27, 2006, at 21:59, Gerben Wierda wrote:
>
> > If Hans or Taco changes something, the i-Package is rebuilt and seeded
> > automatically every night (CET). Given that it is 8GB (with beta) and
> > it is uploaded to at least 4 repositories that takes some time (I have
> > a 1Mbps upload). But not hours.
>
> Ehh. 8MB of course ...

Hi Gerben,

Thanks to you for your answer and your efforts to maintain
i-Installer, and to Hans, taco and all other ConTeXters for their
wonderful work!
Indeed my message was not a complaint, just a feedback....

Best regards: OK