On Tue, 29 Mar 2022, Mikael Sundqvist via ntg-context wrote: > On Tue, Mar 29, 2022 at 6:37 AM Otared Kavian wrote: > > > > Hi Mikael, > > Hi Otared, > > > > > Thanks for your explanation and the example you sent about \definemathsimplealign (I didn’t get immediately that « sesac » in the command \startmathfenced[sesac] means « cases » in reverse or mirrored… I guess this is a wise and humourous choice by Hans :-) ). > > I guess so too :) > > > > > Regarding \startcases, it seems that it is still not possible to number each equation, but I may be overlooking something. I’ll try a few examples and will let you know, as well as Hans. > > Hm, but a cases environment does not provide several formulas. This is > just one formula: > > \startformula > |x|= > \startcases > \NC x \NC x>0\NR > \NC 0 \NC x=0\NR > \NC -x \NC x<0\NR > \stopcases > \stopformula > > and as such should have (at most) one equation number, right? However, some sub-disciplines like to number each case (for example, if you want to refer to one of them in the future). > Only Hans knows if it is (easily) doable to add the possibility to add > numbers to each three lines. In the old implementation, this was tricky (the equation without the equation number should be centered, and the equation number should be flush right). But I think that this should be possible with the new low-level box alignment macros. Aditya