* pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-20 15:42 olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2006-12-20 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi everybody,

I'm experiencing pb with the latest stable version : insertion of
multipage external document leads to the rendering of only the first
page, with this command :

\getfiguredimensions[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
\dorecurse{\noffigurepages}{\externalfigure[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
[width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=\recurselevel]}

If you are interested, you can test source and see differences at this
url : http://tebcado.free.fr/context-quest/01/

TIA for the answers.

--

olivier Turlier

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-20 20:30 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-12-20 20:30 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:

> Hi everybody,
>
> I'm experiencing pb with the latest stable version : insertion of
> multipage external document leads to the rendering of only the first
> page, with this command :
>
> \getfiguredimensions[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
> \dorecurse{\noffigurepages}{\externalfigure[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
> [width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=\recurselevel]}

Try

\copypages[filename][width=\textwidth,height=\textheight]

Aditya

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-21  8:42   ` olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2006-12-21  8:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya Mahajan a écrit :
> On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:
>
>> Hi everybody,
>>
>> I'm experiencing pb with the latest stable version : insertion of
>> multipage external document leads to the rendering of only the first
>> page, with this command :
>>
>> \getfiguredimensions[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
>> \dorecurse{\noffigurepages}{\externalfigure[doc-guidecstb-sol-tecnic-rt2000-gobck.pdf]
>> [width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=\recurselevel]}
>
> Try
>
> \copypages[filename][width=\textwidth,height=\textheight]
>
> Aditya

Thanks for your answer Aditya,

This partialy solve the pb : it produce a 17 different pages pdf, but
page numbering is no more working.

For inserting multipage pdf, I came to the former command after having
tried :

% \slicepages
%   [mise-station.pdf]
%  [n=0,
%    voffset=1in,
%    height=23.55cm,
%   width=22cm,
%   offset=\dimexpr(-1in- 2pt)]
%  [offset=\dimexpr(-1in+19pt)]

% \startpagefigure [flora.pdf]
[width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=1]\stoppagefigure

%  \externalfigure[docs.pdf] [width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=1]
%  \externalfigure[docs.pdf] [width=\textwidth,height=\textheight][page=2]

I use this for easily inserting an external "child" document to a
"parent" course with big buttons for jumping back to the "parent" one.

PS : I try to "frenchise" your well documented & nice homework
assignment seen at http://dw.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-4/mahajan/

--
olivier

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-21 16:23     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-12-21 16:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:

> PS : I try to "frenchise" your well documented & nice homework
> assignment seen at http://dw.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-4/mahajan/

If you just want the "Problem" and "Solution" to come out in french,
you can just change

\setuplabeltext[problem=Problem,solution=Solution ]
\setuplabeltext[point=point,points=points]

If you want to change the interface \assignment, \startproblem and
\startsolution to french, let me know the french words for them, and I
will try to re-implement the environment in a multi-lingual way, and
maybe release it as a module.

Aditya

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-23 21:43       ` olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2006-12-23 21:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:23:03 -0500, Aditya Mahajan a écrit :

> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:
>
>> PS : I try to "frenchise" your well documented & nice homework
>> assignment seen at http://dw.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-4/mahajan/
>
> If you just want the "Problem" and "Solution" to come out in french,
> you can just change
>
> \setuplabeltext[problem=Problem,solution=Solution ]
> \setuplabeltext[point=point,points=points]
>
> If you want to change the interface \assignment, \startproblem and
> \startsolution to french, let me know the french words for them, and I
> will try to re-implement the environment in a multi-lingual way, and
> maybe release it as a module.
>
> Aditya

Thanks for the hint. I'll put on the same website
(http://profteb.free.fr/) results of changements of your source, plus
prior attempts in homework assignment/ examination test, when it'll be
done.

By the way, have you tried to make "online" tests (sendable by a click)
with random order of questions (avoid "copying" pbs thru neighboors). It's
involving javascript (answering in editable fields + feedback + collecting
answers when sending, etc. ) and I never succeed in !

Merry Christmas

--
Olivier TURLIER
CRP La Rouguière

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-25 18:03         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2006-12-25 18:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sat, 23 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:

> Le Thu, 21 Dec 2006 11:23:03 -0500, Aditya Mahajan a écrit :
>
>> On Thu, 21 Dec 2006, olivier Turlier wrote:
>>
>>> PS : I try to "frenchise" your well documented & nice homework
>>> assignment seen at http://dw.tug.org/pracjourn/2006-4/mahajan/
>>
>> If you just want the "Problem" and "Solution" to come out in french,
>> you can just change
>>
>> \setuplabeltext[problem=Problem,solution=Solution ]
>> \setuplabeltext[point=point,points=points]
>>
>> If you want to change the interface \assignment, \startproblem and
>> \startsolution to french, let me know the french words for them, and I
>> will try to re-implement the environment in a multi-lingual way, and
>> maybe release it as a module.
>>
>> Aditya
>
> Thanks for the hint. I'll put on the same website
> (http://profteb.free.fr/) results of changements of your source, plus
> prior attempts in homework assignment/ examination test, when it'll be
> done.

Send me an email when you are done with it.

> By the way, have you tried to make "online" tests (sendable by a click)
> with random order of questions (avoid "copying" pbs thru neighboors). It's
> involving javascript (answering in editable fields + feedback + collecting
> answers when sending, etc. ) and I never succeed in !

The randomizing part is easy (since Hans has already implemented
that). See
http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20060528.172535.9581c3c3.en.html

I have never tried the "online" part, since I never needed it. There
is AcroTeX by D. P. Story. See http://www.acrotex.net/ in particular
the examples at http://www.acrotex.net/aeb_index.php?page=examples

This shows that this type of things is doable in JavaScript. I have
not looked at AcroTeX license, maybe it allows you to copy the
javascript code, and you can then try to implement it in ConTeXt.

Aditya

* Re: pb inserting multipage documents
@ 2006-12-27  8:14           ` olivier Turlier
From: olivier Turlier @ 2006-12-27  8:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Le Mon, 25 Dec 2006 13:03:36 -0500, Aditya Mahajan a écrit :

> Aditya

Thanks for random questions url, will try it.

I've played a bit with D.P Story Acrotex bundle, but I was'nt able to run
IIS effectively for sending/receiving *.fdf data, and moreover, style or
functions are (for me) complicated pdf commands, so I gave over.

--
Olivier TURLIER
CRP La Rouguière