On Mon, 24 Jul 2023, Gerion Entrup wrote: > Hi Pablo, > > > not sure I’m getting your point right. > > Thank you for the detailed answer. > But I fear, I have not expressed myself precise enough. > The solution that you described does not directly fit to my setting. > I'll try to rephrase. Maybe it gets more clear then. I think, named > destinations could be a important part in the solution. > > I'm do not know the structure of PDFs exactly, therefore some of my > terms might be wrong. I'll name the two things from now on the following > way: > - a destination: This is a defined position within a PDF document; so > some position that a PDF viewer is able to jump to. In ConTeXt, you > can set such a position most of the time with the "reference" keyword. > In LaTeX, you use \label. > - a reference: This is a link that you can click on and cause the > PDF viewer to jump/scroll to the linked destination. In ConTeXt, you > can use \in to create a reference. In LaTeX, you use \ref. > > The situation is that I have a PDF-document (inner.pdf) that defines > several destinations and I want to embed that document with > \externalfigure into another PDF-document (outer.pdf). My question is: > Is it possible to create references within the source code of outer.pdf > that correctly set a link to a destination that is defined in inner.pdf? > Asked in another way: Is is possible that \externalfigure can extract > the (maybe named) destinations of inner.pdf and translate them in such a > way, that I can use \in within the outer document to link to them. According to https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Command/setupexternalfigure \externalfigure[....][interaction=reference] should keep all the references (you can also try interaction=all). Not sure how the references get mapped internally, so that they may be linked. Aditya