* Simple itemize format that eludes me
@ 2005-02-16 18:20 cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2005-02-16 18:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

This should be simple, but my brain is currently clogged from reading too many ConTeXt manuals, so please help!

I’m trying to make a simple format that I’ve used elsewhere. The first part of each item (a kind of \head) is not indented, but the remaining paragraph(s) of that item are. For example:

LONG_UGLY_STRING_LIKE_THIS
     A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that relate
     to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the reader to scan
     the ugly strings (which might well be in alphabetical order.

ANOTHER_LONG_UGLY_STRING_LIKE_THIS
     A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that relate
     to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the reader to scan
     the ugly strings (which might well be in alphabetical order.

I just can’t persuade my understanding of ConTeXt facilities to do this for me... :-)

* Re: Simple itemize format that eludes me
@ 2005-02-16 19:14 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2005-02-16 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

may be not a very nice solution but ...

\startitemize[none,packed]
\item LONG-UGLY-STRING-LIKE-THIS

    \startnarrower[left]
      A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that
      relate to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the
      reader to scan the ugly strings (which might well be in
      alphabetical order.
    \stopnarrower
\stopitemize

Willi

@ 2005-02-19  8:44   ` cormullion
From: cormullion @ 2005-02-19  8:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

Willi Egger <w.egger@boede.nl> said on 2005-02-16, 20:14 (+0100 GMT):

> may be not a very nice solution but ...
>
> \startitemize[none,packed]
> \item LONG-UGLY-STRING-LIKE-THIS
>
>     \startnarrower[left]
>       A few sentences, indented somewhat from the left margin, that
>       relate to the long ugly string above. The indentation allows the
>       reader to scan the ugly strings (which might well be in
>       alphabetical order.
>     \stopnarrower
> \stopitemize

Thanks - this works fine. (I think this might be the DD/DT construct in HTML that I’m trying to reproduce...) :-)