From: David Rogers <davidrogers@telus.net>
Subject: Re: Re: Confusion with font instructions
Date: Mon,  4 Jul 2005 08:07:45 -0700	[thread overview]

Adam Lindsay wrote:

>Patrick Gundlach said this at Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:54:06 +0200:
>
>>Hello David,
>>
>>> I am new to ConTeXt, as my question is about to reveal.
>>
>>This questions can also come from more experienced users :)
>>
>>> Which set of instructions should I follow, in order to allow use of
>>> Palatino or Times, on Mac OS X, Gerben Wierda's TeX distribution,
latest
>>> ConTeXt installed?
>>
>>OK, do you have LaTeX working? Then you can use the standard
>>postscript fonts for ConTeXt as well. Have a look at the (yet
>>unfinished page)
>>
>>http://contextgarden.net/Psnfss
>
>Sadly, that page relies on type-pre, which is deprecated!
>(Yes, the situation changes again.)
>
>So, the situation should now be:
>
>% Times, Helvetica, Courier:
>\usetypescript [adobekb]   [\defaultencoding] % default=ec
>\usetypescript [postscript][\defaultencoding]
>\setupbodyfont [postscript]

OK, I tried this setup, and ConTeXt ran without stopping to complain,
but (as Otared described, I guess) the font actually produced is very
jaggy, both on screen and in print. My nostalgia for dot matrix printers
is not as great as one might suppose.  :-)

And I thought I was just asking for a shortcut answer to a dumb
question!

Thanks for the help
David