* Page number 0 in Table of Contents with makeup
@ 2020-08-11 20:11 Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2020-08-11 20:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Consider this example:

    \definemakeup[toc][align=middle]
    \starttext
      \startfrontmatter
        \startmakeup[toc]
          \placecontent
        \stopmakeup
        %\setuppagenumber[number=1]
        \startchapter[title={A}]\stopchapter
        \startchapter[title={B}]\stopchapter
      \stopfrontmatter
    \stoptext

The first entry in the ToC has page number 0. I can fix it by
uncommenting the commented line or by removing the makeup. Is this
expected behaviour? If so, why?

Nicola

* Re: Page number 0 in Table of Contents with makeup
@ 2020-08-11 20:19 ` Pablo Rodriguez
From: Pablo Rodriguez @ 2020-08-11 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 8/11/20 10:11 PM, Nicola wrote:
> Consider this example:
>
>     \definemakeup[toc][align=middle]
>     \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>     \starttext
>       \startfrontmatter
>         \startmakeup[toc]
>           \placecontent
>         \stopmakeup
>         %\setuppagenumber[number=1]
>         \startchapter[title={A}]\stopchapter
>         \startchapter[title={B}]\stopchapter
>       \stopfrontmatter
>     \stoptext
>
> The first entry in the ToC has page number 0. I can fix it by
> uncommenting the commented line or by removing the makeup. Is this
> expected behaviour? If so, why?

Hi Nicola,

makeups have pagestate set to stop by default.

\definemakeup[toc][align=middle, pagestate=start] solves your issue.

I hope it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk

* Re: Page number 0 in Table of Contents with makeup
@ 2020-08-11 20:25   ` Nicola
From: Nicola @ 2020-08-11 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 2020-08-11, Pablo Rodriguez <oinos@gmx.es> wrote:
> On 8/11/20 10:11 PM, Nicola wrote:
>> Consider this example:
>>
>>     \definemakeup[toc][align=middle]
>>     \setuppagenumbering[alternative=doublesided]
>>     \starttext
>>       \startfrontmatter
>>         \startmakeup[toc]
>>           \placecontent
>>         \stopmakeup
>>         %\setuppagenumber[number=1]
>>         \startchapter[title={A}]\stopchapter
>>         \startchapter[title={B}]\stopchapter
>>       \stopfrontmatter
>>     \stoptext
>>
>> The first entry in the ToC has page number 0. I can fix it by
>> uncommenting the commented line or by removing the makeup. Is this
>> expected behaviour? If so, why?
>
> Hi Nicola,
>
> makeups have pagestate set to stop by default.
>
> \definemakeup[toc][align=middle, pagestate=start] solves your issue.
>
> I hope it helps,

Yes, it does!

Thanks,
Nicola