* Protusion and spurios empty line
@ 2020-10-01 14:58 Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-01 14:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

I'm getting emtpy lines after paragraph breaks, where the last character
is just squeezed in. Looks like it has to do with the bidi mechanism.
Commenting out this line removes the effect. (Somewhat long) Example below.

Is there a fix for that?

Best
Denis

====

% uncomment this to see the effect!
%\setupdirections[bidi=global,method=unicode]

\mainlanguage[de]
\setupitaliccorrection[global, always]
\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
\setupfontprotrusion [quality] [left=0]
\definefontfeature[default][default][
	script=latn,
	protrusion=quality,
	expansion=quality,
	itlc=yes,
	textitalics=yes,
	onum=yes,
	pnum=yes,
	]
\definefontfeature[smallcaps][
	script=latn,
	protrusion=quality,
	expansion=quality,
	smcp=yes,
	onum=yes,
	pnum=yes,
	]
\definefontfamily[mainface][rm][Cardo]
\setupbodyfont[mainface,11pt]
\setuppapersize[A4][A4]
\setuplayout[
     backspace=35mm,
     width=140mm,
     topspace=35mm,
     header=0mm,
	height=240mm,
     ]
\setuphead [chapter][
	alternative=left,
	page=no,
	indentnext=no,
	style=normal]

\showframe

\starttext

\title{Philipp Lenhard. {\em Friedrich Pollock: Die graue Eminenz der
Frankfurter Schule.} Berlin: Jüdischer Verlag im Suhrkamp Verlag, 2019.
383 Seiten, EUR 32.–, ISBN 978-3-633-54299-4}

\input ward

\title{Philipp Lenhard. {\em Friedrich Pollock: Die graue Eminenz der
Frankfurter Schule.} Berlin: Jüdischer Verlag im Suhrkamp Verlag, 2019.
383 Seiten, EUR 32.–, ISBN 978-3-633-54299-}

\input ward
\stoptext

* Re: Protusion and spurios empty line
@ 2020-10-02 16:11 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2020-10-02 16:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 10/1/2020 4:58 PM, Denis Maier wrote:

> I'm getting emtpy lines after paragraph breaks, where the last character
> is just squeezed in. Looks like it has to do with the bidi mechanism.
> Commenting out this line removes the effect. (Somewhat long) Example below.
>
> Is there a fix for that?
(\setupalign[tolerant,stretch] ... actually always advised when you use
protrusion and/or expansion)

i'll send you a patch to test

Hans

* Re: Protusion and spurios empty line
@ 2020-10-02 20:34   ` Denis Maier
From: Denis Maier @ 2020-10-02 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.10.2020 um 18:11 schrieb Hans Hagen:
> On 10/1/2020 4:58 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
>
>> I'm getting emtpy lines after paragraph breaks, where the last
>> character is just squeezed in. Looks like it has to do with the bidi
>> mechanism. Commenting out this line removes the effect. (Somewhat
>> long) Example below.
>>
>> Is there a fix for that?
> (\setupalign[tolerant,stretch] ... actually always advised when you
> use protrusion and/or expansion)

I have that it my environment file already. Doesn't make a difference.

Best,
Denis

* Re: Protusion and spurios empty line
@ 2020-10-03  7:16     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2020-10-03  7:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Denis Maier schrieb am 02.10.2020 um 22:34:
> Am 02.10.2020 um 18:11 schrieb Hans Hagen:
>> On 10/1/2020 4:58 PM, Denis Maier wrote:
>>
>>> I'm getting emtpy lines after paragraph breaks, where the last
>>> character is just squeezed in. Looks like it has to do with the bidi
>>> mechanism. Commenting out this line removes the effect. (Somewhat
>>> long) Example below.
>>>
>>> Is there a fix for that?
>> (\setupalign[tolerant,stretch] ... actually always advised when you
>> use protrusion and/or expansion)
>
> I have that it my environment file already. Doesn't make a difference.

The extra line is in the \title which has its own alignment setting.

\setuphead[title][align={...}]

Wolfgang