From: "Stephen A. Tjemkes" <Stephen.Tjemkes@eumetsat.int>
Subject: Re: Start of application within a context document
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 11:33:32 +0200	[thread overview]

Will try this

thanks

stephen

>>> pragma@wxs.nl 08/09/05 10:22:06 >>>
Stephen A. Tjemkes wrote:

>Hi,
>
>If you excuse my ignorance, but I am looking for  a simple example how to launch an executable (a tcl/tk script in my case) from within a pdf document prepared by context.
>
>During a presentation i would like to show some graphics which are generated through the execution of a tcl/tk script.
>One could close the pdf file and open the tcl/tk script, but it would be nice if one could symbolically link the script within the pdf file.
>Because I prepare the pdf file using context, I searched the context manuals, but didnot find a solution to this problem.
>
>Therefore if somebody has solved this already and is willing to share his/her experience I would be grateful

the best way to do it is to make a cmd file (batch file) and use the \goto{whatever}[program(somename.cmd)] feature; this kind of functionality has never been robust in acrobat and batch files permit you to set up things properly (paths, command line arguments, etc);

an alternative is to use http requests and a local http server, but then you end up with acrobat waiting for some response (url or submit methods)

Hans