From: Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Re: Issue running ConTeXt from TeX Live 2019 on Alpine Linux 3.12
Date: Sun, 16 May 2021 15:03:17 -0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

On 2021-05-07, Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 2021-05-06, Bruce Horrocks <ntg@scorecrow.com> wrote:
>>> Sorry, my explanation of what I am trying to achieve was a bit too
>>> terse.
>
>> Thank-you for the explanation - that's much clearer.
>>
>> I've experimented a bit with Docker and I've managed to get
>> a stand-alone LMTX install to work under a 32-bit Alpine Linux that
>> has had the glibc library added. This should - fingers crossed - work
>> in iSH.
>
> That's great news! I'll try it asap and report back. Thanks for looking
> into it.

Thanks again, your instructions work perfectly in Docker. Unfortunately,
for some reason iSH raises an error when trying to import that Docker
image: iSH is finnicky about filesystems, apparently—this is noted in
their wiki:

    https://github.com/ish-app/ish/wiki/Install-&-Activate-Alternate-Filesystems

Besides, I have found some inconsistencies between texmf.cnf and
texmfcnf.lua in the TeX Live distribution that can be installed through
apk: for instance, one file used ~/.texlive2019 and the other
~/.texlive2020. There may be other issues, but I am not expert enough.

For now, I have given up. I have some hope with another iOS/iPadOS app,
a-Shell (https://github.com/holzschu/a-shell), which is what I currently
use to typeset LaTeX documents. It allows you to install TeX Live, but
for some reason it comes without ConTeXt (it has LuaTeX, though). There
is an open request for adding ConTeXt
(https://github.com/holzschu/a-shell/issues/208).

Nicola