* Re: Inline math with \int and \sum exhibits nonstandard behaviour
@ 2019-05-16 20:08 Eric Scmidt
From: Eric Scmidt @ 2019-05-16 20:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context, henrimenke

* Re: Inline math with \int and \sum exhibits nonstandard behaviour
@ 2019-05-16  6:14 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-05-16  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 16/05/19 7:46 AM, Eric Scmidt wrote:
> Thank for your efforts to help me.  This time I used the exact code snippet you
> wrote, but the results for inline math is still not what I would like to have
> since I do see a clear difference in the limits placement. Please see this image
> where I have tried to make more clear what I really want to achieve and what the
> code gives me:  https://i.imgur.com/AEfHxBh.png
> It might be a font issue, since examining the context and pdflatex output
> files,  I see differences in fonts, alghough the actual glyphs look pretty much
> the same. I don't really know.

Yes, it is a different font.  If you want to use the same font in LaTeX as in
ConTeXt, you have to load the unicode-math package and use LuaLaTeX.

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage{unicode-math}
\begin{document}
$\sum_{k=1}^{n} a_k$
\[
\sum\nolimits_{k=1}^{n} a_k
\]
\end{document}

Cheers, Henri

@ 2019-05-15 19:46 Eric Scmidt
From: Eric Scmidt @ 2019-05-15 19:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

* Re: Inline math with \int and \sum exhibits nonstandard behaviour
@ 2019-05-12 23:34 ` Henri Menke
From: Henri Menke @ 2019-05-12 23:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

To me the following two MWEs look pretty much the same:

\setupbodyfont[10pt] % same font size as LaTeX
\starttext
$\sum_{k=1}^{n} a_k$
\startformula
\sum\nolimits_{k=1}^{n} a_k
\stopformula
\stoptext

\documentclass{article}
\begin{document}
$\sum_{k=1}^{n} a_k$
\[
\sum\nolimits_{k=1}^{n} a_k
\]
\end{document}

I tried that with versions of ConTeXt from TeX Live 2016, 2017, 2018, and 2019,
as well as the latest beta, all with the same result.

You refer to ma-cb-en page 19, but which of the two equations, the first or the
second one?  Keep in mind that the first one uses

    \sum_{n=1}_^{m}

where you are using

    \sum\nolimits_{k=1}^{n}

Cheers, Henri