From: Nicola via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Cc: Nicola <nvitacolonna@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Text editors
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2023 11:00:30 -0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

On 2023-03-26, Alexandre Christe via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl> wrote:
> Dear ConTeXt users,
>
> I'm wondering what kind of typesetting system / syntax highlighting /
> completion you're using.
> [...]
> Open to anything from vim/neovim to emacs or more exotic. Maybe it would be
> nice to show the config. (And yes I've seen the Wiki page
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Text_Editors but I've the feeling some
> content is outdated.)

Vim offers good support for ConTeXt and MetaPost out of the box (I
maintain those filetypes). The Vim page in ConTeXt Garden is up
to date, afaict, but of course it is always better to check Vim's help
file for the most up-to-date information (`:help ft-context`).

Syntax highlighting is based on files generated by mtxrun: the help file
explains how to regenerating them if necessary, so you may stay in sync
with your ConTeXt installation.

Completion is kind of an orthogonal matter: there are quite a lot of
plugins for Vim if the built-in methods do not satisfy you. Again, the
wiki page has some suggestions (those may be a bit outdated, as new
completion plugins pop up all the time). Fwiw, I use MUcomplete.

Hope this helps!
Nicola