* tt, bold
@ 2010-04-30 14:46 R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-04-30 14:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

for printing python scripts, i wish that the code to be \tt and
the reserved word \bold. They are but so lightly that the difference
is quasi not visible.

The normal text is [sansserif, 10 pt].

 Is there a solution?

Thanks,
 rb
--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: tt, bold
@ 2010-05-01  7:53 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-01  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.04.10 16:46, schrieb R. Bastian:
> Hello,
>
> for printing python scripts, i wish that the code to be \tt and
> the reserved word \bold. They are but so lightly that the difference
> is quasi not visible.
>
> The normal text is [sansserif, 10 pt].
>
>   Is there a solution?

Use another font which has a better contrast between regular and bold.

Wolfgang

* Re: tt, bold
@ 2010-05-01  9:25   ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-05-01  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 01 May 2010 09:53:58 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> scribit:

> Am 30.04.10 16:46, schrieb R. Bastian:
> > Hello,
> >
> > for printing python scripts, i wish that the code to be \tt and
> > the reserved word \bold. They are but so lightly that the difference
> > is quasi not visible.
> >
> > The normal text is [sansserif, 10 pt].
> >
> >   Is there a solution?
> >

> Use another font which has a better contrast between regular and bold.

Yes. The contrats of the tex fonts cmtt10 & cmttb10 is good (for me :). Bat, due to the
Minimal installation, context can not found this fonts which exists in the
texlive tree (from 2007) - i use them with plain tex.

> Wolfgang

René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org
www.musiques-rb.org
http://www.soundsurvey.org.uk/

* Re: tt, bold
@ 2010-05-01 10:32     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2010-05-01 10:32 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 01.05.10 11:25, schrieb R. Bastian:
> Yes. The contrats of the tex fonts cmtt10&  cmttb10 is good (for me :). Bat, due to the
> Minimal installation, context can not found this fonts which exists in the
> texlive tree (from 2007) - i use them with plain tex.

That's the best i can do with the minimals and Latin Modern.

To be honest, use another font when you want to set your whole
document in a sans serif style.

\starttypescript [mono] [latinmodern-light]
     \definefontsynonym [Mono]             [LMTypewriter-Light]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]         [LMTypewriter-Dark]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]       [LMTypewriter-LightOblique]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoSlanted]      [LMTypewriter-DarkOblique]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic]   [LMTypewriter-DarkOblique]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldSlanted]  [LMTypewriter-Light]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoCaps]         [LMTypewriter-Light]
     \definefontsynonym [MonoCapsSlanted]  [LMTypewriter-Light]
\stoptypescript

\definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [modern]            [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]  [modern]            [default]
%\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [modern-light]      [default] %
no bold style, why?
\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [latinmodern-light] [default]
\definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]  [modern]            [default]

\setupbodyfont[mainface]

\starttext
\rm\tf regular \bf bold\par
\ss\tf regular \bf bold\par
\tt\tf regular \bf bold\par
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: tt, bold
@ 2010-05-02  8:45       ` R. Bastian
From: R. Bastian @ 2010-05-02  8:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On Sat, 01 May 2010 12:32:22 +0200
Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> scribit:

> Am 01.05.10 11:25, schrieb R. Bastian:
> > Yes. The contrats of the tex fonts cmtt10&  cmttb10 is good (for me :). Bat, due to the
> > Minimal installation, context can not found this fonts which exists in the
> > texlive tree (from 2007) - i use them with plain tex.
> >

> That's the best i can do with the minimals and Latin Modern.
>
> To be honest, use another font when you want to set your whole
> document in a sans serif style.
>
> \starttypescript [mono] [latinmodern-light]
>      \definefontsynonym [Mono]             [LMTypewriter-Light]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoBold]         [LMTypewriter-Dark]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoItalic]       [LMTypewriter-LightOblique]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoSlanted]      [LMTypewriter-DarkOblique]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldItalic]   [LMTypewriter-DarkOblique]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoBoldSlanted]  [LMTypewriter-Light]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoCaps]         [LMTypewriter-Light]
>      \definefontsynonym [MonoCapsSlanted]  [LMTypewriter-Light]
> \stoptypescript
>
> \definetypeface [mainface] [rm] [serif] [modern]            [default]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [ss] [sans]  [modern]            [default]
> %\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [modern-light]      [default] %
> no bold style, why?
> \definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [latinmodern-light] [default]
> \definetypeface [mainface] [mm] [math]  [modern]            [default]
>
> \setupbodyfont[mainface]
>
> \starttext
> \rm\tf regular \bf bold\par
> \ss\tf regular \bf bold\par
> \tt\tf regular \bf bold\par
> \stoptext
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang,
 I will try your proposal when I will be back - and try to install a complete installation
of Context.

rb
.

--
René Bastian
www.pythoneon.org

* Re: tt, bold
@ 2010-05-02  9:06         ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2010-05-02  9:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Apr 30, 2010 at 16:46, R. Bastian wrote:

> for printing python scripts, i wish that the code to be \tt and
> the reserved word \bold. They are but so lightly that the difference
> is quasi not visible.
>
> The normal text is [sansserif, 10 pt].
>
>  Is there a solution?

The best thing would be to bribe the Polish to add that font. (Though
at the moment they are trying to catch the tight deadlines for
releasing OpenType Math in LM, so it's not sure that they would have
time to work on it before they release math fonts.)

On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:45, R. Bastian wrote:
> On Sat, 01 May 2010 12:32:22 +0200
> Wolfgang Schuster scribit:
>
>> > Yes. The contrats of the tex fonts cmtt10&  cmttb10 is good (for me :). Bat, due to the
>> > Minimal installation, context can not found this fonts which exists in the
>> > texlive tree (from 2007) - i use them with plain tex.

They are Type3 (or is it from cm-super set)? We somehow deliberately
decided to drop support for Type3 fonts in minimals.

>> %\definetypeface [mainface] [tt] [mono]  [modern-light]      [default] %
>> no bold style, why?
>
> Thanks Wolfgang,
>  I will try your proposal when I will be back - and try to install a complete installation
> of Context.

Complete installation of ConTeXt won't help you (maybe ConTeXt scheme
from TeX Live could help). There is no appropriate LM font available
and we didn't add CM fonts to installation.

Mojca