* \framed[location=top] and slanted tex gyre bonum
@ 2010-04-05 11:47 Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-04-05 11:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

Yet another new ConTeXt user here. To briefly introduce myself, I am a
computer scientist interested in typography as a hobby. Up to now, I
did most things in LaTeX (sometimes resorting to ugly TeX hacking).
Recently I gave ConTeXt MkIV a try and am quite happy with it.

Now my question: I have some problems with the vertical alignment of
\framed and some slanted fonts. Using the latest beta, the test file
at the end of this message adds a slight whitespace in the two last
blocks (using a slanted font). This does not happen when using the
default Latin Modern font. Is this a bug or am I doing something
wrong?

Vianney

\showstruts
\usemodule[simplefonts]
\setmainfont[Tex Gyre Bonum]
\setupframed
  [frame=none,
   offset=0pt,
   location=top]
\defineoverlay[bg][]
\starttext
\strut First line\par
\strut Second line\par
\strut Third line\par

\blank

\strut First line\par
\framed{\strut Second line}\par
\strut Third line\par

\blank\sl

\strut First line\par
\strut Second line\par
\strut Third line\par

\blank

\strut First line\par
\framed{\strut Second line}\par
\strut Third line\par

\blank

\strut First line\par
\framed[background=bg]{\strut Second line}\par
\strut Third line\par
\stoptext

* Re: \framed[location=top] and slanted tex gyre bonum
@ 2010-04-05 12:13 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2010-04-05 12:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Apr 05 2010, Vianney le Clément wrote:

> \setupframed
>   [frame=none,
>    offset=0pt,
>    location=top]

Hello,

I cannot explain why, but offset=overlay seems to be slightly better.

> \blank\sl

\setupinterlinespace

Cheers, Peter

--
Contact information: http://pmrb.free.fr/contact/

* Re: \framed[location=top] and slanted tex gyre bonum
@ 2010-04-05 12:20   ` Vianney le Clément
From: Vianney le Clément @ 2010-04-05 12:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

\setupinterlinespace without changing offset does the trick.

Many thanks,
Vianney