* Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-15 12:33 Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-05-15 12:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I'd like to use the calligraphic typeface from the lucida set, but
using the following setup, I don't get 'em.

\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
\usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
\setupalign[hanging]

\setupbodyfont[lbr,9pt]

\starttext
{\cg This should be in the Lucida Calligraphic typeface --- but it
isn't}
\stoptext

Any ideas? I'm running a current ConTeXt.

Maarten

Don't it ever get lonesome?

* Re: Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-16 19:15 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-05-16 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Accorrding to the manual 'showfonts.pdf' the following should work:
\usetypescript [lucida] [texnansi]

\switchtotypeface [lucida] [9pt]

Willi

>\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
> \setupalign[hanging]
>
> \setupbodyfont[lbr,9pt]
>
> \starttext
> {\cg This should be in the Lucida Calligraphic typeface --- but it
> isn't}
> \stoptext

* Re: Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-16 20:09   ` Maarten Sneep
From: Maarten Sneep @ 2003-05-16 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for the reply, but it didn't help.

Nope, doesn't change a thing. Not on my TeXLive 7 system.

Can someone who has these fonts show me how they do it? It must be
possible, Hans Hagen has used them in the Context manual...

Maarten

On vrijdag, mei 16, 2003, at 21:15 Europe/Amsterdam, Willi Egger wrote:

> Accorrding to the manual 'showfonts.pdf' the following should work:
> \usetypescript [lucida] [texnansi]
>
> \switchtotypeface [lucida] [9pt]

>> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
>> \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
>> \setupalign[hanging]
>>
>> \setupbodyfont[lbr,9pt]
>>
>> \starttext
>> {\cg This should be in the Lucida Calligraphic typeface --- but it
>> isn't}
>> \stoptext

* Re: Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-16 20:16     ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2003-05-16 20:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hoi Maarten,

sorry then I can't advise you further, unfortunately I am not the lucky
owner of this font-collection.

Willi

@ 2003-05-17  4:15     ` Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-05-17  4:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Maarten,

Maarten Sneep wrote:

> According to the manual 'showfonts.pdf' the following should work:

[example snipped]

I couldn't get your example to work, and the code for font switching
is too hard for me to understand.  As a short term solution you can
issue this command:

   \font\cg = texnansi-lbc at 9pt

(Adjusting for the name of your lucida-bright calligraphy .tfm file.)

I'll have another look at the code, but don't expect anything
insightful.

* Re: Re: Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-17 15:22       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-05-17 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 12:15 17/05/2003 +0800, you wrote:
>Hello Maarten,
>
>Maarten Sneep wrote:
>
> > According to the manual 'showfonts.pdf' the following should work:
>
>[example snipped]
>
>I couldn't get your example to work, and the code for font switching
>is too hard for me to understand.  As a short term solution you can
>issue this command:
>
>    \font\cg = texnansi-lbc at 9pt
>
>(Adjusting for the name of your lucida-bright calligraphy .tfm file.)
>
>I'll have another look at the code, but don't expect anything
>insightful.

in type-pre.tex, you need to add the calligraphy entry in:

\starttypescript [lbr]

   \usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math,calligraphy,handwriting] ....
   \usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math,calligraphy,handwriting] ....

after that the following will work (no need for a new format):

   \setupbodyfont[lbr] \rm test \ss test \tt test \hw test \cg test

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Calligraphy and Lucida?
@ 2003-05-18 11:45         ` Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-05-18 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen wrote:
> Maarten Sneep wrote:

> > I'd like to use the calligraphic typeface from the lucida set, but
> > using the following setup, I don't get 'em.
> >
> > \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
> > \usetypescript[serif,sans,mono][hanging][pure]
> > \setupalign[hanging]
> >
> > \setupbodyfont[lbr,9pt]
> >
> > \starttext
> > {\cg This should be in the Lucida Calligraphic typeface --- but it
> > isn't}
> > \stoptext
> >
> > Any ideas? I'm running a current ConTeXt.

> in type-pre.tex, you need to add the calligraphy entry in:
>
> \starttypescript [lbr]
>
>    \usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math,calligraphy,handwriting] ....
>    \usetypescript [serif,sans,mono,math,calligraphy,handwriting] ....

> after that the following will work (no need for a new format):
>
>    \setupbodyfont[lbr] \rm test \ss test \tt test \hw test \cg test

Thanks Hans,

Adding the calligraphy entry, works for me.