* Why isn't my space a space?
@ 2003-04-23  9:08 Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-04-23  9:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I'm trying use pretty printing Java inline.  To get my keywords in a
slanted typeface, I've found out that I need a space before and after
the statement I'm typesetting.

I'm trying to automate the space in a macro \Java[], but am having no
success.  I believe I'm typesetting a space before and after my
statement, but the space isn't acceptable to the \type macro:

-----
\definetype [typeJV]  [option=JV,palet=graypretty,style=\ttx,icommand=\sl]
\def\Java[#1]{\typeJV{ #1 }}

\setupcolors[state=start]
\starttext

This statement should have inserted spaces, in order to trigger the
slanted behaviour in the `import' keyword:

\blank[medium]

The ``\Java[import java.io.File;]'' statement

\blank[big]

This is the type of typesetting I would like to automate:

\blank[medium]

The ``\hskip-0.5em\typeJV{ import java.io.File; }\nospace{}''  statement.

\stoptext
-----

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-23  9:08 UTC | newest]