* a common interface for pretty printing
@ 2003-04-05 13:11 Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-04-05 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

With the xtags-* pretty printing macros, I can't find a common
interface for pretty printing.  For instance, to typeset my XML code
at a small size, and using a grayscale palet, I require three
different setups depending on whether I'm using \showXMLbuffer,
\typebuffer, or \startXML ... \stopXML.

% override xtag-* pretty printing options
\definepalet
  [xtag]
  [0=grayprettyone,   1=grayprettytwo,
   2=grayprettythree, 3=grayprettyfour]
\def\ShowXMLBuffer{\bgroup\tfx\showXMLbuffer\egroup}

% local override of global verbatim typing
\def\TypeXMLBuffer%
  {\bgroup
   \setuptyping[option=XML,palet=graypretty,style=\tfx]%
   \typebuffer
   \egroup}

% global XML pretty printing
\setuptyping [XML] [palet=graypretty,style=\tfx,indentnext=no]

As you can see, although each is trivial to customize but they don't
share a common interface with each other.  Am I just missing the
context-way of achieving the above pretty printing?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2003-04-05 13:11 UTC | newest]