* Problem with references
@ 2003-03-09  1:08 Stefan Karlsson
From: Stefan Karlsson @ 2003-03-09  1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

I can't get references to work -- maybe I'm making some beginner's
mistake. Anyway,  the output from the following file contains "??" where
the page numbers should have been:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\starttext

\title     [pointer1] {The title}

Some text.

\subject [pointer2] {A subject}

Some more text.

Bla, bla \at{page}[pointer1] bla bla bla \at{page}[pointer2].

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Note: I'm using the latest stable release (March 3, 2003).

Best regards

Stefan

* sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-09  2:35 ` Lei Wang
From: Lei Wang @ 2003-03-09  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I have several small figures and want to place them in two columns as follows:
___________      __________
|                     |     |                    |
|                     |     |                    |
|  Figure         |     |   Figure        |
|                    |      |                    |
|__________|      |__________|

 Fig 1. blabla         Fig 2. blabla

I tried use columns
\startcolumns[n=2]
\placefigure[here][fig:1]{blabla}{\externalfigure[fig1]}
\columns
\placefigure[here][fig:2]{blabla}{\externalfigure[fig2]}
\stopcolumns

It seems work depend on the pagebreak and not works all time.
If there are a pagebreak before or after the block of these
figures, it not works well.

The \placesidebyside and use combinations will give one
float Figure with the two pictures as subfigures. But
what I want is two figure.

thanks

Wang

* Re: Problem with references
@ 2003-03-09  2:42 ` Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-03-09  2:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Stefan Karlsson wrote:
> I can't get references to work

> [test file snipped]

I ran your file -- it outputs the correct page number on my system.  I
should however point out that I run a completely insecure system, with
ConTeXt and its tools able to perform shell commands, write and delete
files, and import scripts at will.

It might be worthwhile checking the directory which contains your .tex
source file to see whether, ConTeXt has created the auxilliary files
(files with extensions .tuo and .tui).

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-09  9:03   ` Guy Worthington
From: Guy Worthington @ 2003-03-09  9:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

Lei Wang wrote:

> I have several small figures and want to place them in two columns
> as follows:
> [example snipped]

> [floats] seem to depend on the pagebreak and do not work all the
> time.  If there are a pagebreak before or after the block of these
> figures, it doesn't work well.

I find floats difficult.  They do weird things.  I tried to create a
minimum file that shows your columns of figures behaving badly -- I
didn't succeed.  Here is the test file I created:

-----

\setupcolors [state=start]

\startuseMPgraphic{fig1}
w := 4cm ; h := 2cm ; ww := 1cm ; hh := 1.5cm ;
fill (0,0)--(0,h)--(w,h)--(w,0)--(ww,0)--(w,hh)--(ww,hh)--(ww,0)--cycle ;
\stopuseMPgraphic

\starttext

\input tufte

\startcolumns[n=2]
\placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\column
\placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\stopcolumns

\page

\startcolumns[n=2]
\placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\column
\placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\stopcolumns

\input tufte

\stoptext

%%% Local Variables:
%%% mode:context
%%% End:

-----

You may have to post a more complete example that demonstrates where
ConTeXt is behaving badly.

* Re: Re: Problem with references
@ 2003-03-09  9:51   ` Stefan Karlsson
From: Stefan Karlsson @ 2003-03-09  9:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

No .tuo file is produced -- should it (always) be? At processing, the
following information is displayed:

systems        : begin file pres at line 17
title          : - The title
subject        : - A subject
references     : unknown reference [][pointer1]
references     : unknown reference [][pointer2]
[1.1{/usr/share/texmf/dvips/config/pdftex.map}]

Regards

/Stefan

@ 2003-03-09 12:04   ` Stefan Karlsson
From: Stefan Karlsson @ 2003-03-09 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

After having reinstalled the tetex rpm packages it seems to be working
(and the .tuo file is also produced).

Guy Worthington wrote:

>Stefan Karlsson wrote:
>

>>I can't get references to work
>>

>>[test file snipped]
>>

>I ran your file -- it outputs the correct page number on my system.  I
>should however point out that I run a completely insecure system, with
>ConTeXt and its tools able to perform shell commands, write and delete
>files, and import scripts at will.
>
>It might be worthwhile checking the directory which contains your .tex
>source file to see whether, ConTeXt has created the auxilliary files
>(files with extensions .tuo and .tui).

* Re: Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-09 17:25     ` Lei Wang
From: Lei Wang @ 2003-03-09 17:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

I also think the problem is caused by placing the floats to the nofloat
cloumns block.  Is there another way to this?

> I find floats difficult.  They do weird things.  I tried to create a
> minimum file that shows your columns of figures behaving badly -- I
> didn't succeed.  Here is the test file I created:

In your example, just make a small change you will see the failure.
I attached the result pdf file.

\setupcolors [state=start]

\startuseMPgraphic{fig1} w := 4cm ; h := 2cm ; ww := 1cm ; hh :=
1.5cm ; fill
(0,0)--(0,h)--(w,h)--(w,0)--(ww,0)--(w,hh)--(ww,hh)--(ww,0)--cycle
; \stopuseMPgraphic

\starttext

\input tufte
\input tufte

\startcolumns[n=2] \placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\column \placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\stopcolumns

\input tufte

\startcolumns[n=2] \placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\column \placefigure[here]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\stopcolumns

\input tufte

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: test.pdf --]

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-09 21:29   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-09 21:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Lei Wang,

>I have several small figures and want to place them in two columns as follows:
>___________      __________
>|                     |     |                    |
>|                     |     |                    |
>|  Figure         |     |   Figure        |
>|                    |      |                    |
>|__________|      |__________|
>
>  Fig 1. blabla         Fig 2. blabla
>
>I tried use columns
>\startcolumns[n=2]
>\placefigure[here][fig:1]{blabla}{\externalfigure[fig1]}
>\columns
>\placefigure[here][fig:2]{blabla}{\externalfigure[fig2]}
>\stopcolumns
>
>It seems work depend on the pagebreak and not works all time.
>If there are a pagebreak before or after the block of these
>figures, it not works well.
>
>The \placesidebyside and use combinations will give one
>float Figure with the two pictures as subfigures. But
>what I want is two figure.

The normal double column mechanism tries to place a graphic, stores it when
there is no place, and flushes it as soon as possible.

The \startcolumns mechanism works well intermixed with the standard one
column mode.

In your case, esp for vertical chinese, use columnsets:

\startcolumnset

\placefigure[tblr:1]{}{}
\placefigure[tblr:2]{}{}

\input tufte

\stopcolumnset

This will place the floats on top of the first and second column; an
alternative usage is:

\placefigure[tblr]{}{}
\placefigure[tbrl]{}{}

Think of tb meaning flush from top to bottom, and lr to mean from left to
right; so, there are quite some ways to place/flush a graphic.

(also play with: \placefigure[fxtb:2*3] and [fxbt:1*18] which gives you
absolute placement; big floats will span columns, so something:

\definecolumnset[chinese][n=10]

\startcolumnset[chinese]

\placefigure{}{}

\stopcolumnset

should work ok

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-10  4:47     ` Lei Wang
From: Lei Wang @ 2003-03-10  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

> The normal double column mechanism tries to place a graphic, stores it when
> there is no place, and flushes it as soon as possible.
>
> The \startcolumns mechanism works well intermixed with the standard one
> column mode.
>
> In your case, esp for vertical chinese, use columnsets:
>
> \startcolumnset
>
> \placefigure[tblr:1]{}{}
> \placefigure[tblr:2]{}{}
>
> \input tufte
>
> \stopcolumnset
>
> This will place the floats on top of the first and second column; an
> alternative usage is:
>
> \placefigure[tblr]{}{}
> \placefigure[tbrl]{}{}
>
> Think of tb meaning flush from top to bottom, and lr to mean from left to
> right; so, there are quite some ways to place/flush a graphic.

Thanks. It place the figures side by side correctly. But, there is another problem.
After the two figures, it force a page break and leave a large blank even though
the blank area can accommodate the next paragraph. I attached the test file
and waht I really want is:

One column texts
two figures sidebyside
One column texts

Thanks.

Wang

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-10  4:48     ` Lei Wang
From: Lei Wang @ 2003-03-10  4:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry, forgot add attached test file in my last mail.

Wang

[-- Attachment #2: test.tex --]

\setupcolors [state=start]

\startuseMPgraphic{fig1} w := 4cm ; h := 2cm ; ww := 1cm ; hh :=
1.5cm ; fill
(0,0)--(0,h)--(w,h)--(w,0)--(ww,0)--(w,hh)--(ww,hh)--(ww,0)--cycle
; \stopuseMPgraphic

\starttext

\input tufte
\input tufte

\startcolumnset
\placefigure[tblr]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\placefigure[tbrl]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\stopcolumnset

\input tufte

\startcolumnset

\placefigure[tblr:1]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}
\placefigure[tblr:2]{blabla}{\useMPgraphic{fig1}}

\stopcolumnset

\input tufte

\stoptext

[-- Attachment #3: test.pdf --]

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-10 22:15       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-10 22:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

 > The normal double column mechanism tries to place a graphic, stores it when
> > there is no place, and flushes it as soon as possible.
> >
> > The \startcolumns mechanism works well intermixed with the standard one
> > column mode.
> >
> > In your case, esp for vertical chinese, use columnsets:
> >
> > \startcolumnset
> >
> > \placefigure[tblr:1]{}{}
> > \placefigure[tblr:2]{}{}
> >
> > \input tufte
> >
> > \stopcolumnset
> >
> > This will place the floats on top of the first and second column; an
> > alternative usage is:
> >
> > \placefigure[tblr]{}{}
> > \placefigure[tbrl]{}{}
> >
> > Think of tb meaning flush from top to bottom, and lr to mean from left to
> > right; so, there are quite some ways to place/flush a graphic.
>
>Thanks. It place the figures side by side correctly. But, there is another
>problem.
>After the two figures, it force a page break and leave a large blank even
>though
>the blank area can accommodate the next paragraph. I attached the test file
>and waht I really want is:
>
>One column texts
>two figures sidebyside
>One column texts

Well, here you run into the difference between columns and columnsets.
Columnsets can be mixed with one column mode, but you need to balance
(automatic balancing is pretty hard for complex columnsets, so this is not
yet in the kernel, but manual balancing is (one can set the number of lines
per column). However, it seems that you want something:

\starttext

\startbuffer

\startcombination
   {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on, width=3cm]} {\placefloatcaption[figure]{x}}
   {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on, width=3cm]} {\placefloatcaption[figure]{y}}
\stopcombination

\stopbuffer

\placefigure{none}{\getbuffer}

\stoptext

This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some time ago
for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.

When testing this i foun dout that there is an error in the macro. A few
days ago i added the 'distance' key to caption setups, and (of course) i
didn't test that with free floating captions (unresolved intermediate
macro). So, in page-flt you need to replace the following bit of trivial
code:

\def\dodosetfloatcaption[#1][#2]#3% to do namespace for number/ascii
   {\ifnofloatnumber               % also handle trialtypesetting
      \letgvalue{@fl@r@#1}\relax
      \letgvalue{@fl@t@#1}\relax
    \else
      \verhoognummer[#1]%
      \maakhetnummer[#1]%
      \globallet\flhetnummer\hetnummer
      \setgvalue{@fl@r@#1}%
        {\dofloatreference
         \redofloatorder{#1}%
         \doschrijfnaarlijst{#1}{\flhetnummer}{#3}{#1}%
         \doglobal\convertargument#3\to\flasciititle % \asciititle is global
         \doifsomething{#2}
           {\rawreference\s!flt{#2}{{\flhetnummer}{\flasciititle}}}%
         \letgvalue{@fl@r@#1}\relax}% nills
      \setgvalue{@fl@t@#1}%
        {\preparethenumber{\??kj#1}\flhetnummer\preparednumber
         \doattributes{\??kj#1}\c!letter\c!kleur
           {\doattributes{\??kj#1}\c!kopletter\c!kopkleur
              {\labeltexts{#1}{\preparednumber}}%
            \doattributes{\??kj#1}\c!tekstletter\c!tekstkleur
              {\dotfskip{\getvalue{\??kj#1\c!afstand}}#3}}}%
THIS LINE WAS WRONG
     \fi}

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[2]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11  9:27         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-11  9:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

Monday, March 10, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:
HH> However, it seems that you want something:

HH> \starttext

HH> \startbuffer

HH> \startcombination
HH>    {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on, width=3cm]}
HH> {\placefloatcaption[figure]{x}}
HH>    {\externalfigure[cow][frame=on, width=3cm]}
HH> {\placefloatcaption[figure]{y}}
HH> \stopcombination

HH> \stopbuffer

HH> \placefigure{none}{\getbuffer}

HH> \stoptext

HH> This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some time ago
HH> for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.

Hey, I thought it was me who requested this feature? (I remember
needing it for side by side floating tables when it still wasn't
implemented ...)

BTW, AFAICS there is no way to make a reference (à la \infigure)
to a single element in a /combination/ ... can this be done?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[2]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 10:49           ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-11 10:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 10:27 AM 3/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>HH> This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some
>time ago
>HH> for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.
>
>Hey, I thought it was me who requested this feature? (I remember
>needing it for side by side floating tables when it still wasn't
>implemented ...)

actually, that was the moment it was cleaned up and moved from the
particular style to the core files; the reason for decoupling them was in a
special kind of float where clicking on the caption brought up a big float
in a widget (whichin turn was based on the widget based help system) -)
[this is why in page-flt there is still the mapping to old names used in
'uguide']

>BTW, AFAICS there is no way to make a reference (à la \infigure)
>to a single element in a /combination/ ... can this be done?

there is a trick for that, but i cannot find it right now; however, the
floatcaption command accepts a second optional arg being the ref.

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[3]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 12:26             ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-11 12:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, March 11, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:
>>BTW, AFAICS there is no way to make a reference (à la \infigure)
>>to a single element in a /combination/ ... can this be done?

HH> there is a trick for that, but i cannot find it right now; however, the
HH> floatcaption command accepts a second optional arg being the ref.

Yup, floatcaptions can do it all, nice. Now the question is: is it
normal for the combination to stick to the left margin? Shouldn't
it be centered horizontally? I can achieve the effect by
surrounding it with \midaligned{...} (i.e.
\midalgined{\startcombination ... \stopcombination}) but it would
be nice if it could be set as an option to combinations ...

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[3]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 14:44               ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-11 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 01:26 PM 3/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>Yup, floatcaptions can do it all, nice. Now the question is: is it
>normal for the combination to stick to the left margin? Shouldn't

hm, it probably is when you put some \maxdimen width content in it

>it be centered horizontally? I can achieve the effect by
>surrounding it with \midaligned{...} (i.e.
>\midalgined{\startcombination ... \stopcombination}) but it would
>be nice if it could be set as an option to combinations ...

Hey, since when don't you read source code any more?

\starttext

\showframe

\definieerplaats[mine][location=middle] % have to cook up a
[english..italian] name for that one

\setupcombinations[align=left,location=top]

\placemine \bgroup \startcombination
   {\externalfigure[cow][width=3cm,height=2cm]} {cow}
   {\externalfigure[cow][width=3cm,height=1cm]} {cow}
\stopcombination \egroup

\stoptext

(this placement command also takes care of spacing, grid snapping and so,
but should only be used in the mlv, not for instance inside floats; it's
the same placement that is used in \startframedtext; you can define
combinations btw)

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[4]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 17:01                 ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-11 17:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, March 11, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> At 01:26 PM 3/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>>Yup, floatcaptions can do it all, nice. Now the question is: is it
>>normal for the combination to stick to the left margin? Shouldn't

HH> hm, it probably is when you put some \maxdimen width content in it

Uhm, no, I was using to framedtexts.

>>it be centered horizontally? I can achieve the effect by
>>surrounding it with \midaligned{...} (i.e.
>>\midalgined{\startcombination ... \stopcombination}) but it would
>>be nice if it could be set as an option to combinations ...

HH> Hey, since when don't you read source code any more?

:) I do, but I can't spot everything, can I?

HH> \starttext

HH> \showframe

HH> \definieerplaats[mine][location=middle] % have to cook up a
HH> [english..italian] name for that one

HH> \setupcombinations[align=left,location=top]

The problem, as I see it, is that the "location" keyword at times
seems to refer to horizontal positioning (e.g. in the plaats, which
could be called placement in english) and sometimes to vertical
positioning (e.g. in combinations). Maybe you should add a
placement= keyword in combinations that specifies the (horizontal)
location of the stuff?

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re: Re[2]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 17:47           ` K.H. Wesseling
From: K.H. Wesseling @ 2003-03-11 17:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 11 Mar 2003, at 10:27, Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

> HH> This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some
> time ago HH> for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.
>
> Hey, I thought it was me who requested this feature? (I remember
> needing it for side by side floating tables when it still wasn't
> implemented ...)

Karel W here and no need to worry, let's on occasion both buy Hans as
much beer as he cares to drink. Cordially...Karel.

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-11 20:48         ` Lei Wang
From: Lei Wang @ 2003-03-11 20:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Well, here you run into the difference between columns and columnsets.
> Columnsets can be mixed with one column mode, but you need to balance
> (automatic balancing is pretty hard for complex columnsets, so this is not
> yet in the kernel, but manual balancing is (one can set the number of lines
> per column). However, it seems that you want something:

Thanks, it works well as I wanted.

> This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some time ago
> for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.

Which brand he like?  :)

Wang

* Re: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-12  0:48           ` K.H. Wesseling
From: K.H. Wesseling @ 2003-03-12  0:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Lei,

It's silly, all I did was ask a question. Then Hans starts working on
answering it and takes care via you to send me beer. It's generosity
to the limit. Don't. We all owe context to hans and to his able
debuggers and enjoy using it. For me he has made typesetting
documents easier and funnier and beautifullier too. Next time I visit
Hasselt I'll bring him a reward.

Karel W.

On 11 Mar 2003, at 14:48, Lei Wang wrote:

> > Well, here you run into the difference between columns and
> > columnsets. Columnsets can be mixed with one column mode, but you
> > need to balance (automatic balancing is pretty hard for complex
> > columnsets, so this is not yet in the kernel, but manual balancing
> > is (one can set the number of lines per column). However, it seems
> > that you want something:
> >

> Thanks, it works well as I wanted.
>
> > This special feature (separate captions) was introduced quite some
> > time ago for Karel W so you should buy him a beer.
>
> Which brand he like?  :)
>
> Wang

* Re[4]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-12 10:21                   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-12 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 06:01 PM 3/11/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>HH> Hey, since when don't you read source code any more?
>
>:) I do, but I can't spot everything, can I?

You could so far, so ... (you can always grep for GB); in many cases new
stuff gets documented in the source with examples; i must admit that i
occasionally see new (i.e. forgotten) features myself - )

>HH> \starttext
>
>HH> \showframe
>
>HH> \definieerplaats[mine][location=middle] % have to cook up a
>HH> [english..italian] name for that one
>
>HH> \setupcombinations[align=left,location=top]
>
>The problem, as I see it, is that the "location" keyword at times
>seems to refer to horizontal positioning (e.g. in the plaats, which
>could be called placement in english) and sometimes to vertical
>positioning (e.g. in combinations). Maybe you should add a
>placement= keyword in combinations that specifies the (horizontal)
>location of the stuff?

hm, i now sometimes accept {bla,bla} things; some commands cary some
history so changeing them is tricky (i.e. i should ten support old and new)

\defineplacement may be a good name; will a translation of that mess up
with other place/location id's in fo rinstance italian?

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[5]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-12 14:00                     ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-12 14:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wednesday, March 12, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

HH> hm, i now sometimes accept {bla,bla} things;

That's a good thing, even if I wonder how you could distinguish
between a vertical "middle" and a horizontal "middle" ... maybe we
need values "hcenter" and "vcenter"?

HH> \defineplacement may be a good name; will a translation of that mess up
HH> with other place/location id's in fo rinstance italian?

No, doesn't seem so.

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[4]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-12 14:01             ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-12 14:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Tuesday, March 11, 2003 K.H. Wesseling wrote:

KHW> Karel W here and no need to worry, let's on occasion both buy Hans as
KHW> much beer as he cares to drink. Cordially...Karel.

I sometimes wish we could do more than just that to thank him for all
his work :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta

* Re[5]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-12 15:03                       ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-03-12 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 03:00 PM 3/12/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Wednesday, March 12, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>HH> hm, i now sometimes accept {bla,bla} things;
>
>That's a good thing, even if I wonder how you could distinguish
>between a vertical "middle" and a horizontal "middle" ... maybe we
>need values "hcenter" and "vcenter"?

vertical middle is now: lohi (lowhigh) ]for instance in \framed and
friends: align={lohi,middle}

Hans
                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re[6]: sidebyside figures
@ 2003-03-13  9:28                         ` Giuseppe Bilotta
From: Giuseppe Bilotta @ 2003-03-13  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Wednesday, March 12, 2003 Hans Hagen wrote:

>>That's a good thing, even if I wonder how you could distinguish
>>between a vertical "middle" and a horizontal "middle" ... maybe we
>>need values "hcenter" and "vcenter"?

HH> vertical middle is now: lohi (lowhigh) ]for instance in \framed and
HH> friends: align={lohi,middle}

Interesting way out :)

--
Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta