* Fwd: Request
@ 2002-07-27 22:01 Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-27 22:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Here is a request from my collegue. Please cc reactions to

a.f.otten@wxs.nl   and   pragma@wxs.nl

since ton's on vacation now, i can take care of things in the meantime.

Hans

>Hi all,
>
>One of our projects concerns defining styles and setting up workflows for
>an educational publisher. One of the school methods concerns math. Because
>dutch math education has a rather good reputation, there is interest for
>translations in other languages.
>
>So the ideas came up to make a demo set of a few translated (short)
>sections (text book and practice book, two levels). In the end, graphics
>(we're talking of heavilly illustrated books) need to be localized, but
>for the moment this is not important. So, when discussing this I suggested
>that since there are context users in many countries, I could ask around
>for volunteers.
>
>Currently the samples are translated into english by a native speaker
>(also context user -). So the question is: who is interested in coming up
>with a translation in whatever language (we can handle). There is a small
>budget for this, and those willing to do this will get a copy of the
>results as well as one of the (dutch) book (nice showcase of what contect
>can do).
>
>If you are willing to participate we first send you the english
>translation, with dutch context-tagging. You can take a look at the
>(amount of the) content and let us know if it is doable within reasonable
>time. As always time is a factor.
>
>I look forward to a reaction.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ton Otten
>       Ton Otten | PRAGMA ADE | email: a.f.otten@xs4all.nl
>       Ridderstraat 27 | 8067 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>       tel. +31 (0)38 477 53 69 | site: www.pragma-ade.com

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Fwd: Request
@ 2002-07-27 23:09 ` Emil Hedevang Lohse
From: Emil Hedevang Lohse @ 2002-07-27 23:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, a.f.otten, pragma

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a request from my collegue. Please cc reactions to
>
> a.f.otten@wxs.nl   and   pragma@wxs.nl
>
> since ton's on vacation now, i can take care of things in the meantime.
>
> Hans
>

> >Hi all,
> >
> > One of our projects concerns defining styles and setting up
> > workflows for an educational publisher. One of the school methods
> > concerns math. Because dutch math education has a rather good
> > reputation, there is interest for translations in other languages.
> >
> > So the ideas came up to make a demo set of a few translated (short)
> > sections (text book and practice book, two levels). In the end,
> > graphics (we're talking of heavilly illustrated books) need to be
> > localized, but for the moment this is not important. So, when
> > discussing this I suggested that since there are context users in
> > many countries, I could ask around for volunteers.
> >
> > Currently the samples are translated into english by a native
> > speaker (also context user -). So the question is: who is interested
> > in coming up with a translation in whatever language (we can
> > handle). There is a small budget for this, and those willing to do
> > this will get a copy of the results as well as one of the (dutch)
> > book (nice showcase of what contect can do).
> >
> >If you are willing to participate we first send you the english
> >translation, with dutch context-tagging. You can take a look at the
> > (amount of the) content and let us know if it is doable within
> > reasonable time. As always time is a factor.
> >
> >I look forward to a reaction.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Ton Otten

If it is about math I sure am interested. I can translate the text
from English to Danish, but I cannot translate from Dutch.
Specifically, what is the book about? Is it high school math or levels
above or below? Are the illustations written in MetaPost? If so, then
it should be an easy task translating them.

I must admit that I am not an expert of ConTeXt, just a beginner, but
I have used LaTeX and MetaPost extensively.

Regards,
Emil Hedevang Lohse, emil@imf.au.dk

--
Emil Hedevang Lohse <http://home.imf.au.dk/emil/>

Alle spørgsmål er lige dumme.
Og spørgsmålet "Kan ænder flyve?" er ikke dumt.

* Re: Fwd: Request
@ 2002-07-29  7:12   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2002-07-29  7:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, a.f.otten

At 01:09 AM 7/28/2002 +0200, Emil Hedevang Lohse wrote:

>If it is about math I sure am interested. I can translate the text
>from English to Danish, but I cannot translate from Dutch.
>Specifically, what is the book about? Is it high school math or levels
>above or below? Are the illustations written in MetaPost? If so, then
>it should be an easy task translating them.

it's math for kids around 14-16

there is a translation being doen by a native speaker, so the starting
point is english

no illustrations need to be done (yet)

Hans

@ 2002-07-31  0:09     ` Emil Hedevang Lohse
From: Emil Hedevang Lohse @ 2002-07-31  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: ntg-context, a.f.otten

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> At 01:09 AM 7/28/2002 +0200, Emil Hedevang Lohse wrote:
>
> >If it is about math I sure am interested. I can translate the text
> >from English to Danish, but I cannot translate from Dutch.
> >Specifically, what is the book about? Is it high school math or levels
> >above or below? Are the illustations written in MetaPost? If so, then
> >it should be an easy task translating them.
>
> it's math for kids around 14-16

Fine with me.

> there is a translation being doen by a native speaker, so the starting
> point is english

Good.

> no illustrations need to be done (yet)

Ok.