From: Emil Hedevang Lohse <emil@imf.au.dk>
Cc: ntg-context@ntg.nl, a.f.otten@wxs.nl, pragma@wxs.nl
Subject: Re: Fwd: Request
Date: 28 Jul 2002 01:09:00 +0200	[thread overview]

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Here is a request from my collegue. Please cc reactions to
>
> a.f.otten@wxs.nl   and   pragma@wxs.nl
>
> since ton's on vacation now, i can take care of things in the meantime.
>
> Hans
>

> >Hi all,
> >
> > One of our projects concerns defining styles and setting up
> > workflows for an educational publisher. One of the school methods
> > concerns math. Because dutch math education has a rather good
> > reputation, there is interest for translations in other languages.
> >
> > So the ideas came up to make a demo set of a few translated (short)
> > sections (text book and practice book, two levels). In the end,
> > graphics (we're talking of heavilly illustrated books) need to be
> > localized, but for the moment this is not important. So, when
> > discussing this I suggested that since there are context users in
> > many countries, I could ask around for volunteers.
> >
> > Currently the samples are translated into english by a native
> > speaker (also context user -). So the question is: who is interested
> > in coming up with a translation in whatever language (we can
> > handle). There is a small budget for this, and those willing to do
> > this will get a copy of the results as well as one of the (dutch)
> > book (nice showcase of what contect can do).
> >
> >If you are willing to participate we first send you the english
> >translation, with dutch context-tagging. You can take a look at the
> > (amount of the) content and let us know if it is doable within
> > reasonable time. As always time is a factor.
> >
> >I look forward to a reaction.
> >
> >Regards,
> >
> >Ton Otten

If it is about math I sure am interested. I can translate the text
from English to Danish, but I cannot translate from Dutch.
Specifically, what is the book about? Is it high school math or levels
above or below? Are the illustations written in MetaPost? If so, then
it should be an easy task translating them.

I must admit that I am not an expert of ConTeXt, just a beginner, but
I have used LaTeX and MetaPost extensively.

Regards,
Emil Hedevang Lohse, emil@imf.au.dk

--
Emil Hedevang Lohse <http://home.imf.au.dk/emil/>

Alle spørgsmål er lige dumme.
Og spørgsmålet "Kan ænder flyve?" er ikke dumt.