* XeConTeXt and Euler
@ 2007-03-18 16:10 nicola
From: nicola @ 2007-03-18 16:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
I'm pretty new to ConTeXt, so please bear with me if the following has
already been asked (I have not found any answer in the archives, though).

My goal is to use an arbitrary text font together with the Euler math
font. I am able to use a few combinations in ConTeXt, e.g. Palatino with
Euler, without problems. But when I switch to XeConTeXt (to use my
system's fonts), some Euler's math accents do not show up properly
(\hat) or not at all (\acute, \grave, \bar, \breve, \dot, \ddot, \tilde,
\check).

I guess the problem is the different encoding (and possibly the use of
virtual fonts), but I know that Euler works in XeTeX: is it possible to
make it work in XeConTeXt? Below you find my sample code.

Nicola

%!TEX TS-program = XeConTeXt
%!TEX encoding = UTF-8 Unicode

\definetypeface[Charis][rm][Xserif][Charis SIL][default][encoding=uc]
\definetypeface[Doulos][rm][Xserif][Doulos SIL][default][encoding=uc]
\definetypeface[Gentium][rm][Xserif][Gentium][default][encoding=uc]

\definetypeface[Charis][mm][math][euler][euler] % encoding???
\definetypeface[Doulos][mm][math][euler][euler]
\definetypeface[Gentium][mm][math][euler][euler]

\startbuffer
Unicode text works fine here, but formulas do not:
\startformula
\breve x^n + \bar y^n = \hat z^n.
\stopformula
\stopbuffer