* Labels in figures with wrong bounding box
@ 2007-06-28  8:31 nicola
From: nicola @ 2007-06-28  8:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,
I am typesetting a document with XeConTeXt, containing many MetaPost
figures. All the labels in the figures are typeset using \sometxt{} and
sometxt(). For some reasons, in the final document some of them appear
horribly stretched or shrinked as if their bounding box has not been
computed correctly (even after typesetting the document n times). I have
absolutely no clue why that happens, but I imagine it is some strange
interaction in the environment file, because if I typeset any of the
problematic figures by itself in a different document with a minimal
environment everything is fine. My environment file is quite long and I
cannot find a short example showing the problem.
The deformed labels seem to be always among those written by \sometxt
(but not all of them are wrong!), while those written using sometxt()
seem always ok. What may it depend upon?

Nicola

PS: I am aware of the interaction between sometxt() and \sometxt: I
would like to point out that the labels are *not* messed up: they are
the correct labels, just appearing deformed.

* Re: Labels in figures with wrong bounding box
@ 2007-06-29  8:01 ` nicola
From: nicola @ 2007-06-29  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

In article <vitacolo-897A83.10313628062007@sea.gmane.org>,
 nicola <vitacolo@dimi.uniud.it> wrote:

> Hi,
> I am typesetting a document with XeConTeXt, containing many MetaPost
> figures. All the labels in the figures are typeset using \sometxt{} and
> sometxt(). For some reasons, in the final document some of them appear
> horribly stretched or shrinked as if their bounding box has not been
> computed correctly (even after typesetting the document n times). I have
> absolutely no clue why that happens, but I imagine it is some strange
> interaction in the environment file, because if I typeset any of the
> problematic figures by itself in a different document with a minimal
> environment everything is fine. My environment file is quite long and I
> cannot find a short example showing the problem.
> The deformed labels seem to be always among those written by \sometxt
> (but not all of them are wrong!), while those written using sometxt()
> seem always ok. What may it depend upon?

Ok, I solved the problem by getting rid of all \sometxt commands and
replacing them by "low-level" sometxt(). Mojca's My Way about sometxt
says "If you want to prevent clashes, use higher numbers in [\TeXtext's]
arguments". I use numbers beyond 1000. I definitely do not have 1000
labels and, in fact, the correct labels are put in the correct places.
But it seems that the two commands do not like each other anyway. Is it
really not advisable to use them in the same document?

Nicola