* beginner's questions
@ 2002-09-27 21:14 Michael Na Li
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Michael Na Li @ 2002-09-27 21:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

I've used LaTeX for several years but am new to ConTeXt.  Here are a couple
questions I had:

1.  With m-bib module, how can I achieve \nocite{} (no citation but have the
    reference listed in the end) as in LaTeX?

2.  Is there a command similar to \section*{} effect (no numbering of the
    section)?

Michael

* beginner's questions
@ 2000-11-09 16:51 Wouter Verheijen
                   ` (2 more replies)
From: Wouter Verheijen @ 2000-11-09 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

I am trying context at the moment, after experimenting somewhat with
LaTeX.
- Although I am Dutch, I have no problem at all with using the English
  words (e.g. \starttext instead of \starttekst).  I think this way, I
  can avoid language conflicts.  Do the Dutch people agree or is it
  normal to use the dutch words.  Most of my texts are in Dutch, so
  the spelling and hypenating language should remain Dutch.
  I did texexec --make en, but my standard language interface is still
  nl. It only works with texexec --int=en. How do I specify the
  default?

- The DVI files produced with context show up completely blank in
  KDVI. They do work in Xdvi, and my Latex files always worked in Kdvi
  as well. Who's to blame?

- Most of the work I plan to make with context are small (<20pages)
  reports. Mostly text with some tables and pictures, and a few
  graphs. Is context the program to handle this, or should I choose
  latex? After a quick look at the docs, it seems context is easier to
  do most things. Is this correct?

Thanks for your opinions!

--
Wouter Verheijen