* processing xml
@ 2008-05-06 21:44 Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2008-05-06 21:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I have a document converted from rtf to xml that I'd like to attempt
to typeset using Context.

As a starting point I tried to follow the procedure in a document from
the wiki: mag-0008-1.pdf "Dealing with XML".  Having copied the first
example document and stylesheet from that article and generated
sample-1.fx, I run:

texexec --pdf --use=fx --xml sample-1.fx

but it ends with:

(/usr/local/context_minimal/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex
(/usr/local/context_minimal/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkii))
specials        : fdf loaded
)
specials        : fdf,tpd loaded
system          : module fx not found
)
systems         : system commands are enabled
)
*

I installed the minimal today from the wiki to be up to date before
posting.

Probably something has changed in the four years since mag-0008-1.pdf
was written.  If some kind soul would point me in the right direction
I'll be very grateful.

Roger

* Re: processing xml
@ 2008-05-07  6:04 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2008-05-07  6:04 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, May 6, 2008 at 11:44 PM, Roger Mason <rmason@esd.mun.ca> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have a document converted from rtf to xml that I'd like to attempt
> to typeset using Context.
>
> As a starting point I tried to follow the procedure in a document from
> the wiki: mag-0008-1.pdf "Dealing with XML".  Having copied the first
> example document and stylesheet from that article and generated
> sample-1.fx, I run:
>
> texexec --pdf --use=fx --xml sample-1.fx
>
> but it ends with:
>
> (/usr/local/context_minimal/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.tex
> (/usr/local/context_minimal/tex/texmf-local/tex/context/base/spec-fdf.mkii))
> specials        : fdf loaded
> )
> specials        : fdf,tpd loaded
> system          : module fx not found
> )
> systems         : system commands are enabled
> )
> *
>
> I installed the minimal today from the wiki to be up to date before
> posting.
>
> Probably something has changed in the four years since mag-0008-1.pdf
> was written.  If some kind soul would point me in the right direction
> I'll be very grateful.

Hi Roger,

take a look into the XML manual, the magazine is a little bit special and
not the best starting point.

http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-15.htm

Wolfgang

* Re: processing xml
@ 2008-05-07 10:13   ` Roger Mason
From: Roger Mason @ 2008-05-07 10:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Wolfgang,

"Wolfgang Schuster" <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com> writes:

> take a look into the XML manual, the magazine is a little bit special and
> not the best starting point.
>
> http://www.pragma-ade.com/show-man-15.htm

Thank you _very_ much.  That was just what I needed: to quote the
example I just ran: "What a happy end to a small story!".  Context is
pretty amazing.

Cheers,
Roger