Am Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:07:43 +0200 schrieb Arthur Reutenauer: > Hello Ulrike, > >> 1. In the following document there is no space between the a and the y: >> >> \documentclass{article} >> \begin{document} >> \noindent a\\y >> >> \bigskip >> >> a\par y >> \end{document} >> >> It looks as if the lines have only the depth from their content. > > I don't seem to see that (see attachment). How did you generate the > format? I used ´luatex -ini pdflualatex.ini¡ where pdflualatex.ini > contains > > \pdfoutput1 > \input latex.ltx I tried it with a format generated by simply inputting latex.ltx (and then \pdfoutput=1 in the document), with one which loads also pdftexconfig.tex, and with a plain one: % Thomas Esser, 1998. public domain. % hyphenation tables are now set up in language.dat \input pdftexconfig.tex \input plain \dump \endinput In all cases (also if I try dvi-output) the lines glue together. The attachment text-lua is the pdf of the latex try. >> 2. I found here some code to use truetype and opentype fonts: >> http://luatex.bluwiki.com/go/Use_a_TrueType_font > > Oh, that ;-) You really have to realize that these lines of code are > nothing more than an experiment I wrote one and a half year ago, and you > should be prepared to extend it if you want complete TrueType support > (not to mention OpenType features, which are absent altogether). Yes I realized that ;-). Currently I'm trying simple code to understand the principles so that I can later steal the right things from the context files. > That said, the problems should not be as bad as the ones you report > below: > >> a) I tested it with a latin modern font and arial and with both fonts >> all lines of a text are printed one above the other. >> of the lines have a height and a depth. > > That's not what happens to me, you should really send a precise example. See test-lua2.tex + pdf > >> b) I also tried MnSymbol5.otf and there I get an error "invalid >> character". (I tried to get an "A"). With xetex the font works fine. > > I can't confirm that. I get the A all right (see attachment). Again, > please send the precise example that fails. The MnSymbol-Bold5 you used works fine for me too. MnSymbol5 is the font doesn't work (the code is -- commented -- in test-lua2): Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced! -- Ulrike Fischer