* Formatting issues while converting DOCX to MD file
@ 2021-09-06  7:07 Srikanth Neradigomma
       [not found] ` <2c6afaa9-1271-4b9d-813c-4945f91b226dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Srikanth Neradigomma @ 2021-09-06  7:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm facing below formatting issues while converting a word doc to md format
using Pandoc

   1. Colored text and Highlighted Text in  word is rendering as plain text
   2. Alignment of text is not formatting correctly in md format. For
   example centered text in word is left aligning in md format
   3. Missing indentation in nested list

Is there a way to use Pandoc to process above formatting issues?

Thanks,
Srikanth Neradigomma

* Re: Formatting issues while converting DOCX to MD file
       [not found] ` <2c6afaa9-1271-4b9d-813c-4945f91b226dn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-09-08  7:43   ` krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]     ` <2ae4e3c0-7a9d-4af8-8a12-a6e5659656a3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-09-08  7:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

are you converting docx (MS Word) format to Markdown? If that is so, I dont
think that markdown deals with colored text, its alignment or indentation.
It is a very simple syntax, that has to be converted to a different formats
to display attributes that you are mentioning. At least that is to my
knowledge ...

@ 2021-09-09 11:15       ` Srikanth Neradigomma
       [not found]         ` <2c28e21a-4959-4f1b-ac7e-413d196c93fan-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Srikanth Neradigomma @ 2021-09-09 11:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Yes I'm converting Docx to Markdown, main issue is, In the conversion
process all the highlighted text and text alignment is missing. I need to
put manual efforts for aligning the text at center and format the text as
per docx.

Does Pandoc support  Colored text, Centered Text and nested list ? if so
can anyone share me the syntax on how to handle these formats.

Thanks in Advance

@ 2021-09-09 13:24           ` krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org
       [not found]             ` <aa6bb4e8-c543-4f21-9783-96555bf057a2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: krulis....-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org @ 2021-09-09 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

There is distinction to be made between what is supported by source format,
target format, and pandoc.

Your source supports all the formatting you require, of course. Markdown,
on the other hand, as is my understanding (until anyone tells I am wrong)
doesnt support most of your requirements -- doesnt suppport text centering,
text coloring, but supports text indentation. Are you using some kind of
interpreter or renderer that allows you settng those attributes to markdown
text?

@ 2021-09-21  7:53               ` Srikanth Neradigomma
From: Srikanth Neradigomma @ 2021-09-21  7:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss