Hi, I'm updating libpandoc to align with pandoc 1.13, but I'm currently having a compilation issue that is beyond my understanding. In [LibPandoc/Instances.hs](https://github.com/ShabbyX/libpandoc/blob/master/src/LibPandoc/Instances.hs), there is the following code, that had been working with pandoc 1.11: {-# LANGUAGE TemplateHaskell #-} module LibPandoc.Instances where import Data.Data import Data.DeriveTH import Text.Pandoc import Text.Pandoc.Shared import Text.Highlighting.Kate.Types $( derive makeTypeable ''ReaderOptions ) $( derive makeData ''ReaderOptions ) $( derive makeTypeable ''WriterOptions ) $( derive makeData ''WriterOptions ) ... From what I understand, `derive makeData` does some magic, so that later one could say `deriving (Data)` for a type that contains `ReaderOptions` and `WriterOptions`. With newer pandoc, it seems that some types were added. With `TrackChanges` used in `ReaderOptions`, I can add similar `derive makeTypeable/makeData` lines and everything is ok. With `MediaBag` used in `WriterOptions` however, I can't do this. Without `derive makeData` for `MediaBag`, I get the following error for `$( derive makeData WriterOptions )`: No instance for (Data MediaBag) arising from a use of `k' Possible fix: add an instance declaration for (Data MediaBag) In the expression: ... A VERY LONG EXPRESSION WITH A LOT OF `k` INFIX CALLS ... If I add `$( derive makeData MediaBag)` before, I get this error on it: Not in scope: data constructor `MediaBag' I have `import Text.Pandoc.MediaBag`. From what I could make out, the reason is probably that others, such as `TrackChanges` are defined with the `data` keyword, but `MediaBag` is defined with the `newtype` keyword. Is that so? How then, can I make `$( derive makeData ''MediaBag)` work? If not possible, how can I make `$( derive makeData ''WriterOptions )` work? Thanks for the help, Shahbaz On Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 8:30:37 PM UTC+2, fiddlosopher wrote: > > Thanks for doing this. I've updated pandoc-extras. > > +++ Shahbaz Youssefi [Jun 30 13 13:04 ]: > > Hi again, > > I updated libpandoc (for C bindings) to the current version of pandoc > > and made some improvements. I sent a pull request to toyvo, but it > has > > been left unanswered (he's probably not so active on github). In the > > meantime, you could > > [refer]([1]https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/wiki/Pandoc-Extras) to my > fork > > at: > > [2]https://github.com/ShabbyX/libpandoc > > Have a nice day, > > Shahbaz > > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/01aacd0c-291e-455d-9fc0-0673a904671c%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.