* The order of lot and lof in the default latex template
@ 2021-04-17 14:52 jiewuza
From: jiewuza @ 2021-04-17 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Now lot (list of tables) locates before lof (list of figures) in the default latex template. But as far as I know, the reverse order is expected in most thesis in my country. So is it a good idea to support customizing the order in the default template?

* Re: The order of lot and lof in the default latex template
@ 2021-04-17 18:35 ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-04-17 18:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: jiewuza, pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You can always use a custom template.  I think adding variables
to customize the order in the default template is too much
complexity, given the ease of using a custom template.

If lof should come before lot in MOST situations, I'd consider
changing the default.

@ 2021-04-18  3:02   ` jiewuza
From: jiewuza @ 2021-04-18  3:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Yeah, lof comes first in my country.
Let us see what is the situation in other countries.

--

John MacFarlane <jgm-TVLZxgkOlNX2fBVCVOL8/A@public.gmane.org> 写入消息新闻:

> You can always use a custom template.  I think adding variables
> to customize the order in the default template is too much

----Android NewsGroup Reader----
http://www.piaohong.tk/newsgroup

* Re: The order of lot and lof in the default latex template
@ 2021-04-18  3:27     ` Alan Tyree
From: Alan Tyree @ 2021-04-18  3:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Leslie Lamport's "LaTeX" has LOT first, LOF second. The Memoir Class user
guide has LOF first LOT second. Both good authority :-).

Alan

@ 2021-04-20 15:36     ` Julien Dutant
From: Julien Dutant @ 2021-04-20 15:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss