Version: >> pandoc -v pandoc 1.13.2 Compiled with texmath 0.8.0.1, highlighting-kate 0.5.11.1. Syntax highlighting is supported for the following languages: abc, actionscript, ada, agda, apache, asn1, asp, awk, bash, bibtex, boo, c, changelog, clojure, cmake, coffee, coldfusion, commonlisp, cpp, cs, css, curry, d, diff, djangotemplate, dockerfile, dot, doxygen, doxygenlua, dtd, eiffel, email, erlang, fasm, fortran, fsharp, gcc, glsl, gnuassembler, go, haskell, haxe, html, ini, isocpp, java, javadoc, javascript, json, jsp, julia, latex, lex, lilypond, literatecurry, literatehaskell, lua, m4, makefile, mandoc, markdown, mathematica, matlab, maxima, mediawiki, metafont, mips, modelines, modula2, modula3, monobasic, nasm, noweb, objectivec, objectivecpp, ocaml, octave, opencl, pascal, perl, php, pike, postscript, prolog, pure, python, r, relaxng, relaxngcompact, rest, rhtml, roff, ruby, rust, scala, scheme, sci, sed, sgml, sql, sqlmysql, sqlpostgresql, tcl, tcsh, texinfo, verilog, vhdl, xml, xorg, xslt, xul, yacc, yaml, zsh Default user data directory: /home//mike/.pandoc Copyright (C) 2006-2014 John MacFarlane Web: http://johnmacfarlane.net/pandoc This is free software; see the source for copying conditions. There is no warranty, not even for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. >> uname -a Linux seuss 3.17.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 14 23:13:48 CET 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux As for running >> pandoc -s --listings header.tex main.tex -o output.tex I get the same problem (with or without the -s flag) that my macros are not processed. I also commented out the lines: \documentclass{article} and \input{header} in the respective files when supplying the files on the commandline to be concatenated. The same problem occurs: my macros are not expanded. With the -s flag, I will see my macro definitions in the output file, but any reference to them in the body is obliterated. Thank you for your time---any ideas you have are appreciated. On Friday, January 9, 2015 at 2:33:21 PM UTC-5, John MacFarlane wrote: > > What pandoc version are you using? > > `\input` should be supported, but you'd need `header.tex` to be in the > working directory. > > You can also try simply putting `header.tex` on the command line: > > pandoc header.tex main.tex > > This produces the same output as if you had the contents of > `header.tex` at the beginning of `main.tex`. > > > +++ Mike Hynes [Jan 09 15 10:27 ]: > >Hello, > > > >I am trying to use pandoc to convert my latex files into other doc types, > >mainly html and doc. > > > >My latex documents generally have the following format: > > > >\input{header} > >\begin{document} > > body text as usual > >\end{document} > > > >The file header.tex is either contained in the same directory, or in > >~/texmf/tex/latex/headers/. In my headers, I have frequently-used macros > >such as: > > > >\newcommand{\FIG}[3]{ > >\begin{figure}[h!] > >\centering > >\includegraphics[width=#2\columnwidth,angle=0]{#1} > >\caption{#3} > >\label{fig:#1} > >\end{figure} > >} > > > >That is, I use almost *no* latex commands in my writing, and make > frequent > >use of macros to simplify inclusion tables, figures, algorithms, > >mathematical formulae, etc. > > > >I would like to run pandoc on such documents, but am having trouble. My > >macros are not getting parsed, and when I run pandoc with > >--template=$USER/texmf/tex/latex/report.tex (or with an -H flag), I often > >just have the file echoed back to with, without any conversion of the > >specified input files. > > > >Can someone please direct me to the most efficient way of processing my > tex > >files, given their macro-heavy format? I can't seem to find the correct > >flags in the documentation for what I'm trying to do. > > > >Thanks > > > >-- > >You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups > "pandoc-discuss" group. > >To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an > email to pandoc-discus...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org . > >To post to this group, send email to pandoc-...-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > . > >To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/90cb9924-0ed1-441a-8ef2-f2e3928a165c%40googlegroups.com. > > >For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout. > > -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/039f5de8-68e3-42a7-9f9c-cdc6bde24bc4%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.