Hello, Is it possible to use a pipe in a template to generate just the first word of a variable? My specific use case is to produce just the first name of a first-and-last name that I place in the "to" field of a YAML block that passes info to a letter template. I'd like to generate "Dear ,". To do this now, I've defined "to" as an array, with the first name as the first value of the array and the last name as the second value; then I can use the predefined 'first' pipe to return just the first name. But for reasons specific to my particular use case, it'd be great to have a pipe that returns the first word of a multi-word variable. Thanks! -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/074330dd-ae01-4471-9550-ea09b2fe7363n%40googlegroups.com.