* Selecting CSS style for paragraph
@ 2023-06-17 20:47 Mats Holmberg
       [not found] ` <0102580d-3f9a-407d-b089-54a8b51ab6f3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Mats Holmberg @ 2023-06-17 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all,

I am trying to learn how to use pandoc and markdown for book writing
(creating epubs and html books). Overall it works splendidly, but I have a
problem that I don't know how
to solve: hinting to pandoc which CSS style to use for my paragraph.
.
I know that i can simply wrap my text in a html block e.g.  <p
class="no-indent">Text</p>.
But then I can't use markdown in the html block. Some other markdown
parsers I have
tested (MarkDiv, for example) have a syntax that goes something like this
instead:
{.no-indent}Text, which seems to work perfectly. I have tried the syntax
::::{.no-indent} in pandoc, but that generates a <div> around the whole
thing which is not what i want.

I have tried to go through all the extensions that are available in pandoc,
but so far haven't found anything that works.

I guess this might be kind of a noob question, but I have really tried to
find a solution
and failed. Is this a real problem, or am I overlooking something simple?
Some
combination of pandoc extensions or something like that? Any help will be
immensely
appreciated!

Kind regards,
Mats

* Re: Selecting CSS style for paragraph
       [not found] ` <0102580d-3f9a-407d-b089-54a8b51ab6f3n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-06-17 22:04   ` Bastien DUMONT
From: Bastien DUMONT @ 2023-06-17 22:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Pandoc doesn't have classes and attributes for all elements. To set attributes and classes on a paragraph, you must wrap it in a div as you discovered. Then, either you change your CSS file to apply the required formatting to all paragraphs inside a div of a given class, or you can post-process the HTML file to pass the classes and the attributes on the children paragraphs.

@ 2023-06-17 23:16     ` Mats Holmberg
From: Mats Holmberg @ 2023-06-17 23:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss