* titlegraphic syntax
@ 2023-07-01  1:41 Ant Eagle
       [not found] ` <fe93f88c-48a6-4a15-8ca8-1a6f865549a2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ant Eagle @ 2023-07-01  1:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I know that the beamer template includes a way to use the metadata variable
`titlegraphic`. But the template seems to be quite basic:

```
$if(titlegraphic)$
\titlegraphic{\includegraphics{$titlegraphic$}}
$endif$
```
Is there any way to add standard image attributes, such as width, etc.,
without modifying the template? I guess the answer is no since there is
nothing in the template that would yield
`\includegraphics[width=5cm]{$titlegraphic$}`, but then my question, being
mostly ignorant of the variable syntax in templates, is whether it is
possible to parse a single metadata variable into two components, e.g., to
take the markdown source

`titlegraphic: image.png {width=5cm}`

and yield the beamer code

`\titlegraphic{\includegraphics[width=5cm]{image.png}}`

* Re: titlegraphic syntax
       [not found] ` <fe93f88c-48a6-4a15-8ca8-1a6f865549a2n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-07-01 15:57   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2023-07-01 15:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You could change the template so that it just has

$mytitlegraphic$

and then in your metadata

---
mytitlegraphic: '![](image.png){width=5cm}'

This markdown will be expanded to LaTeX before being passed to the mytitlegraphic variable.