The option `--include-in-header` is specified to "Include contents of FILE, verbatim, at the end of the header". https://pandoc.org/MANUAL.html#option--include-in-header The option `--include-in-header` sets the template variable `$ header-includes$`. However, in default.latex the `$header-includes` variable is placed quite high in the header, preceding quite a number of latex header commands. Shouldn't `$header-includes` be placed just before `\begin{document}`? My motivation is to override prior default settings. Specifically I'm trying to override `\setlength{\csllabelwidth}{3em}` that gets spit out in the header when processing citations. I *can* do this by using --include-before-body/$include-before$ instead. But that seems like abusing what should be a content option rather than a coding option. Of course I could alter default.latex at my end, and use a custom default template. But I'm trying to avoid that path. So, is $header-includes$ too high in default.latex? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/0c7b7414-fe12-41c3-8978-731808fe79b5n%40googlegroups.com.