From: Zelphir Kaltstahl <zelphirkaltstahl-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Latex Code inside reST File convert to PDF
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2016 05:57:54 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

That's a nice idea.
I already wrote that part of my code though. It's not that much code, so
not much work wasted or anything.
In the end I also decided to not go with the pandoc citation style but the
style reST aready has. My self-argumentation was:

1. When someone writes a rst file, they probably have some kind of syntax
highlighting and rst support or at least are used to writing rst files. So
when I stick to the existing rst syntax, it would be supported by their
tools.
2. It seemed better not to introduce a "completely new" citation style into
rst syntax, when it already has citations. However I added page number
capability, while rst doesn't seem to have that. I guess you could say I am
not consequent on this one.
3. Adding Pandoc's citation style would be very easy in my program, just a
matter of adding a few regexes.

Here is what I got so far:

    https://github.com/ZelphirKaltstahl/rst-citations-to-raw-latex
<https://github.com/ZelphirKaltstahl/rst-citations-to-raw-latex>

I run it with:

    python -m RSTCitations <rst file with rst citations>

From the directory:

    rst-citations-to-raw-latex

After:

    git clone
https://github.com/ZelphirKaltstahl/rst-citations-to-raw-latex.git

I already did a test run and it worked well using the following script:

    pandoc \
    --from=rst \
    --preserve-tabs \
    --top-level-division=chapter \
    --standalone \
    --template=template-book-de.latex \
    --latex-engine=xelatex \
    --bibliography=bibliography.bib \
    --natbib \
    --metadata=toc:false \
    --metadata=title:"Citation Example" \
    --metadata=subtitle:"none" \
    --metadata=author:"Zelphir" \
    --metadata=keywords:"citation style" \
    --metadata=subject:"citation" \
    --output citation-example-from-rst.latex \
    citation-example.rst.out

    if [ $? -eq 0 ]; then
        echo -e "${SUCCESS_COLOR}Successfully${NO_COLOR} created
${HIGHLIGHT_COLOR}citation-example-from-rst.latex${NO_COLOR}"
    else
        echo -e "${ERROR_COLOR}Failed${NO_COLOR} to create
${HIGHLIGHT_COLOR}citation-example-from-rst.latex${NO_COLOR}"
        exit 1
    fi

    latexmk -xelatex citation-example-from-rst.latex

In this case:

    citation-example.rst.out

is the resulting file from the call of my program.

So far the program makes the assumption, that the raw latex role has not
been defined in the rst file yet and simply adds three lines on top of the
file.