Hello BP Jonsson, thank you so much for taking the time to outline your approach and providing both your Lua filter and a ready-to-use Makefile. And yes, I have not only considered the chapters to long document approach, I am actually doing this – both by concatenating chapters in Pandoc and using file transclusion in a custom LML I am using. Both approaches (slice long docs vs. building them from small chapters) have obvious advantages. This is one of several problem I am trying to solve right now with regards to writing technical documentation, but I have saved your comments and the filter to study them over the next days. Cheers, Martin On Thursday, April 18, 2019 at 5:54:45 PM UTC+2, BP Jonsson wrote: Have you considered inverting the algorithm and have each chapter > in a separate source file? -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/0cbc2a1f-4ec5-4634-8709-f2f88e9d1e3b%40googlegroups.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.