* odt template
@ 2015-09-24 11:11 Alexandre Chapellon
       [not found] ` <d320174b-0145-4ba3-96ec-4af5ccf9b350-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Alexandre Chapellon @ 2015-09-24 11:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I am new to pandoc and so greatful for it making my life easier. Thank you!
I mainly use pandoc to convert markdown files into odt files (or pdf). My
odt files must conform a 'visual identity' so I used reference document and
it does the job of formating just well.

However, I have in my reference doc a cover page with tables, images and
variables that I would like to have in the pandoc output. Unfortunately
reference-odt does strip out every content, including my cover page (and
other things).
Is there any way I can "include" a cover page (with all the needed
elements: variables?

Is there any other way to acheive this (except from copy paste pandoc
rendered doc to a new doc with the cover page?

Regards,

* Re: odt template
       [not found] ` <d320174b-0145-4ba3-96ec-4af5ccf9b350-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-09-24 11:32   ` nkalvi
From: nkalvi @ 2015-09-24 11:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm not sure whether pandoc's include file feature will work here.

Have you tried other solutions like the one mentioned here:
http://askubuntu.com/questions/482277/how-to-merge-odt-documents-from-the-command-line

* Re: odt template
       [not found] ` <d320174b-0145-4ba3-96ec-4af5ccf9b350-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-09-24 16:22   ` John MACFARLANE
       [not found]     ` <20150924162246.GB39579-4kKid1p5UN4xFjuZnxJpBp3lxR28IOakuDuwTybUTCk@public.gmane.org>
From: John MACFARLANE @ 2015-09-24 16:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

You might be able to achieve this by using both a
reference-odt and a custom opendocument template in
conjunction.

    --reference-odt my-ref.odt --template my-template.xml

The OpenDocument template would have variables, references
to the images, etc.

+++ Alexandre Chapellon [Sep 24 15 04:11 ]:
>   Hi,
>   I am new to pandoc and so greatful for it making my life easier. Thank
>   you!
>   I mainly use pandoc to convert markdown files into odt files (or pdf).
>   My odt files must conform a 'visual identity' so I used reference
>   document and it does the job of formating just well.
>   However, I have in my reference doc a cover page with tables, images
>   and variables that I would like to have in the pandoc output.
>   Unfortunately reference-odt does strip out every content, including my
>   cover page (and other things).
>   Is there any way I can "include" a cover page (with all the needed
>   elements: variables?
>   Is there any other way to acheive this (except from copy paste pandoc
>   rendered doc to a new doc with the cover page?
>   Regards,
>
>   --
>   To view this discussion on the web visit
>   [3]https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d320174b-0145-4ba3-
>   96ec-4af5ccf9b350%40googlegroups.com.
>
>References

>   2. mailto:pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org
>   3. https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/d320174b-0145-4ba3-96ec-4af5ccf9b350-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
>   4. https://groups.google.com/d/optout
>shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: No such file or directory

* Re: odt template
       [not found]     ` <20150924162246.GB39579-4kKid1p5UN4xFjuZnxJpBp3lxR28IOakuDuwTybUTCk@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-09-27 23:32       ` Alexandre Chapellon
From: Alexandre Chapellon @ 2015-09-27 23:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I'm getting there!
Indeed using an xml template seems to do the job.
However when doing so, the styles mapped to my markdown blockquotes are not
"quotations" anymore. It is instead mapped to a custom style.
Does anyone knows why? or explain me how styles are mapped?

Thank you

       [not found] ` <CAMHfa7oB7NsNZCbYEGBW+AZgGA03SueBcM59qcaTXag9-Ng_Ow-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-11-08  9:14   ` andrea rossato
From: andrea rossato @ 2011-11-08  9:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Orcus Oden <orcusoden-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> writes:
> I want to make an ODT template, but so far I have been unsuccessful.
>
> The goal is to produce an ODT template that supports Shunn Short Story format. I have an ODT document that I wrote in that
> document format and, frankly, I have no idea how to turn that document into a template.
>
> I tried starting simply by creating an ODT template from pandoc. But the ODT file produced by pandoc caused a "this file is
> corrupted" error from LibreOffice when I tried using it directly as a template. So then I looked at the ODT template that
> pandoc uses by default. While illuminating, it only showed me that I don't understand how pandoc produces ODT files.
>
> My Shunn-format ODT file has a styles folder (obviously) that have all the important information about fonts and sizes for
> the various styles used in the document. But how do I get that information integrated into the kind of template I see in the
> pandoc templates folder?
>
> And how would I tell pandoc when I want to use what style in the ODT output?
>
> thanks for any help,

Styles are quite a mess in opendocument and Open/LibreOffice: named
styles are stored in a file named styles.xml, but other styles are
created on the fly and stored in the file named content.xml. Usually
these later styles inherit some of their properties from the ones stored
in the styles.xml file.

Now, I would do like this: first try using your properly formatted odt
document -- without creating a template -- as your reference-odt file
with the "--reference-odt" pandoc command line option. This will force
pandoc to use the named styles from your document's styles.xml file.

If the result is not what you expect you probably need to change the
names of the styles in your reference document (your properly formatted
odt file) in order to match the name of the styles used by pandoc to
format the opendocument output. If you have a look at the reference.odt
file that comes with the pandoc source you will see the names of the
used styles -- basically the default named styles and some custom styles
you can visualize with the stylist.

Hope this helps.
--
andrea

* Re: ODT template
       [not found]         ` <CAMHfa7p2iigKc8gxBGjAqcvpqe58WnhLiAfzLGRYU7nj8B=W5w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-11-08  8:17           ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2011-11-08  8:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On Mon, Nov 07, 2011 at 07:52:05PM -0500, Orcus Oden wrote:
> Futzed through the afternoon trying various things, none of which worked.
> Seems a little too hard to get right. I don't understand the ODT details
> well enough.

Have you tried modifying a pandoc-created odt file from within LibreOffice
(using the Styles and Formatting window) and using that as a reference.odt file?
That's the method I use and it works well.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

@ 2011-11-08  2:02           ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2011-11-08  2:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Orcus Oden [Nov 07 11 19:52 ]:
>    Futzed through the afternoon trying various things, none of which
>    worked. Seems a little too hard to get right. I don't understand the
>    ODT details well enough.
>    So...
>    I'm trying to understand how to do a template in RTF. How do I tell
>    pandoc that I want my paragraphs to be "\par\plain {\f1\fs24\b0\i0
>    ..."?

Sorry, that can't be done in templates.  You'd have to modify the
RTF writer code.  (Or do some kind of postprocessing of the output.)

* Re: ODT template
       [not found]     ` <20111107190209.GA11750-nFAEphtLEs+AA6luYCgp0U1S2cYJDpTV9nwVQlTi/Pw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2011-11-08  0:52       ` Orcus Oden
       [not found]         ` <CAMHfa7p2iigKc8gxBGjAqcvpqe58WnhLiAfzLGRYU7nj8B=W5w-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: Orcus Oden @ 2011-11-08  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

@ 2011-11-07 19:02   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <20111107190209.GA11750-nFAEphtLEs+AA6luYCgp0U1S2cYJDpTV9nwVQlTi/Pw@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2011-11-07 19:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

+++ Orcus Oden [Nov 07 11 10:56 ]:

@ 2011-11-07 16:53   ` fiddlosopher
From: fiddlosopher @ 2011-11-07 16:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

There are two things you can modify:

- the opendocument template (default.opendocument in templates/)
- the reference.odt (which you can find in pandoc's data directory)

You can make pandoc use modified versions of both using --template and
--reference-odt.

An ODT is a zip file containing the xml content (which is produced
using
the opendocument template) and other stuff, like images and styles
(these
are in reference.odt).

Hope that helps.

On Nov 7, 7:56 am, Orcus Oden <orcuso...-Re5JQEeQqe8AvxtiuMwx3w@public.gmane.org> wrote:
> I want to make an ODT template, but so far I have been unsuccessful.
>
> The goal is to produce an ODT template that supports Shunn Short Story
> format <http://www.shunn.net/format/story.html>. I have an ODT document
> that I wrote in that document format and, frankly, I have no idea how to
> turn that document into a template.
>
> I tried starting simply by creating an ODT template from pandoc. But the
> ODT file produced by pandoc caused a "this file is corrupted" error from
> LibreOffice when I tried using it directly as a template. So then I looked
> at the ODT template that pandoc uses by default. While illuminating, it
> only showed me that I don't understand how pandoc produces ODT files.
>
> My Shunn-format ODT file has a styles folder (obviously) that have all the
> important information about fonts and sizes for the various styles used in
> the document. But how do I get that information integrated into the kind of
> template I see in the pandoc templates folder?
>
> And how would I tell pandoc when I want to use what style in the ODT output?
>
> thanks for any help,
> O.O.

* ODT template
@ 2011-11-07 15:56 Orcus Oden