I use shelltestrunner for this: the input is a simple markdown document, the command runs pandoc with the filter, and the output is the expected markdown. Of course, it would be easy to use any other text-based input or output format that pandoc supports. I also use this to test the CSL style I developed: I can supply a reference to format in a YAML block in the input, and use `markdown-citations` as the output format to check the formatted result. The only disadvantage is that testing is a bit slow, because pandoc is invoked once for every test case. On Friday, June 17, 2022 at 11:19:15 PM UTC+2 denis...-NSENcxR/0n0@public.gmane.org wrote: > Hi > Is there any way to use tests when developing Lua filters? Of course, you > can just compare the document produced with the filter against the expected > output with diff or so, but maybe there's a better approach...? > > All the best, > Denis -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/105db0c3-2956-4915-ba6a-dc3048b324c7n%40googlegroups.com.