* Speaker notes on the title slide witn reveal.js?
@ 2019-07-23 15:07 Oliver Baumann
       [not found] ` <ccc49838-dcad-4925-ba17-447d53e5f693-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-07-23 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi there

I'm using the reveal.js writer to generate slides with speaker notes which
works great. I love how  I can have -- when presenting -- a second window
with the notes open and the notes correspond perfectly to the slides.

However, for the title slide (which is generated from the document
metadata) I have no idea how to add speaker notes. (These notes are things
I want to say while the title is displayed and *before* the first normal
slide comes on.)

So, how can I write notes for the title slide?

Thanks for any pointers!

* Re: Speaker notes on the title slide witn reveal.js?
       [not found] ` <ccc49838-dcad-4925-ba17-447d53e5f693-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-07-23 17:34   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <yh480kzhl4odt3.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-23 17:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

Are you using up-to-date pandoc?
This was in issue prior to 2.7, but should be fixed in commit
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/commit/5990f14ad497999141a5b975651f83d751ec421f

@ 2019-07-23 17:35       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <yh480kwog8odrf.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-23 17:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

You should be able to use this format:

# Main header

::: notes
Main header notes
:::

## Subheader 1

::: notes
Subheader 1 notes
:::

## Subheader 2

::: notes
Subheader  notes
:::

@ 2019-07-24  8:46           ` Oliver Baumann
       [not found]             ` <aba86e05-0bd5-4215-8d8b-9da306d1f7d2-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-07-24  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I was inded on an older version.

But even with 2.7.3 I cannot get speaker notes to the title slide. When i
write

---
title: About life
author: Me

::: notes
Starting notes here! (belonging to teh title slide)
:::

# First content slide

::: notes
More notes
:::

# Second slide

The notes "*Starting notes here*" get put on a blank slide *before *"*First
content slide*".

@ 2019-07-24 13:51               ` Jesse Rosenthal
From: Jesse Rosenthal @ 2019-07-24 13:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

> But even with 2.7.3 I cannot get speaker notes to the title slide.

I haven't tried this on reveal.js, but I had to make an exception to
deal with this exact issue in PowerPoint:

https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/commit/f72a67efdd

The problem was that after the title slide, it would make an automatic
page break, before it got to the speaker notes. Not sure if there's a
sensible way to do this globally.

--J

@ 2019-07-24 15:09               ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]                 ` <m2tvbbfp0e.fsf-pgq/RBwaQ+zq8tPRBa0AtqxOck334EZe@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-24 15:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

Oh, I misunderstood.  By "title slide" I thought you meant
the section heading slide that would be created by the top-level
heading in this example.

You mean the title of the whole document.

I don't think there's a way to get speaker notes there.

@ 2019-07-24 15:10                   ` John MacFarlane
From: John MacFarlane @ 2019-07-24 15:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Oliver Baumann, pandoc-discuss

If you want, you can put an issue on the GitHub tracker
requesting this, and we can think about how it might be done.

@ 2019-07-26  6:59                   ` Oliver Baumann
From: Oliver Baumann @ 2019-07-26  6:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss