I already took it and ran with it. A designer called for all top level list items to be bold. That's fine, unless the whole list is just top level items, then it looks funny. :::nobold takes care of that. And :::nonum addresses the next level being actual numerals. When we don't need numbered steps, we don't need numbers. I'm sure there are a plethora of other uses I can find for it, but then I just need to make sure that it doesn't start getting confusing for folks. On 9/19/19 1:15 AM, brainchild wrote: > Specific to Pandoc, it seems. > > It is a behavior in Pandoc that is not specified in MarkDown dialects > generally, or supported in other software currently. > > It is implemented in Pandoc as an extension, meaning that the behavior > can be toggled.  Actually, I am confused about which extensions are > enabled or disabled by default, but this one appears to work on a > basic invocation of Pandoc. > > While it seems ideally suited to your requirements as long as you are > using Pandoc, you do ask the right question, and should be aware that > results might be unpredictable with editors, readers, or other > MarkDown converters. > > Yet, it seems to be one of the more useful features not part of common > MarkDown dialects. > > In a pinch you can use Pandoc to convert from a document using these > extensions into a common dialect of MarkDown, suitable for ingestion > by another converter. > > > On Wednesday, September 18, 2019 at 10:46:51 AM UTC-4, Craig Parker > wrote: > > > Is this something specific to pandoc, github markdown, or what? > > > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > . > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c18b9c78-2262-4f63-b995-0698dc795132%40googlegroups.com > . -- Learn by Doing with Linux Academy Multicloud Training *#1 Learn-by-Doing Multicloud Training Platform* *Craig Parker* Technical Writer Schedule a Meeting or Call 125 Bear Creek Parkway. Keller. Texas 76248 LinuxAcademy.com Learn faster and deeper with REAL Hands-On Labs. © Linux Academy, 2019. All Rights Reserved. Pinehead® and the Linux Academy Logo® are registered trademarks of Linux Academy in the U.S. and other countries. Linux® is a registered trademark of Linus Torvalds in the U.S. and other countries. -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/1250a102-4bc2-d9ae-1f46-bc7e4d3ab286%40linuxacademy.com.