* v2.15 (Mac): Word to Tex conversion, /begin{quote} inserted far too often
@ 2021-11-02 11:41 Patrick
       [not found] ` <d5e31c5d-b3a8-43d9-bc86-d38f11429c6bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Patrick @ 2021-11-02 11:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hello,

Just upgraded pandoc to version 2.15. I convert MS Word documents to tex
files via pandoc. First line of new paragraphs in my Word docs is normally
indented (left indent 0.5in, 1.27cm — standard setting). Pandoc didn't
previously treat these indents as quotes, now it does.

This is problematic, as there's quite a lot to edit in the .tex files
post-conversion now. I *do* actually sometimes set longer quotations apart
from rest of text by indenting (indent is 0.5 in/1.27cm both sides; 6pt
spacing before the quote, 12pt spacing after). In previous versions, pandoc
recognised that only these standalone quotes should have these nifty
/begin{quote} /end{quote} tags around them, which worked perfectly for me.

I'll now likely have to downgrade to a previous version of pandoc.

* Re: v2.15 (Mac): Word to Tex conversion, /begin{quote} inserted far too often
       [not found] ` <d5e31c5d-b3a8-43d9-bc86-d38f11429c6bn-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-11-02 14:21   ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2021-11-02 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Apologies, my pandoc version is 2.16 — all the above relates to v2.16.

@ 2021-11-02 16:52   ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]     ` <m2tugulctv.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-02 16:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick, pandoc-discuss

Ah, so even though it's just the first line that is indented,
pandoc is treating the paragraph as a block quote?
I don't think that's an intentional change.

Wondering if this has to do with
https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/7606/commits/7939d14bc05e767f9505bb8e09219a52ff72d364
Will check.

@ 2021-11-02 16:58       ` John MacFarlane
       [not found]         ` <m2r1bylcjs.fsf-d8241O7hbXoP5tpWdHSM3tPlBySK3R6THiGdP5j34PU@public.gmane.org>
From: John MacFarlane @ 2021-11-02 16:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Patrick, pandoc-discuss

I have not been able to reproduce this myself.

Can you attach a Word document that causes the problem?

@ 2021-11-02 17:39           ` Patrick
From: Patrick @ 2021-11-02 17:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss