From: Stephan Meijer <me-nPKYAObcRdo6Blr+0TYHagC/G2K4zDHf@public.gmane.org>
To: pandoc-discuss <pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
Subject: Re: Offering support to mitigate Pandoc's Issue/PR backlog
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2023 04:47:02 -0800 (PST)	[thread overview]

I would like to draw attention to the current status of our contributions
to the Pandoc project. At this moment, we have three open pull requests:

   1. #9170 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/9170>
   2. #9162 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/9162>
   3. #8998 <https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/8998>

Our team has been contemplating forking as a way to keep our projects
moving along, but we're fully aware of the maintenance challenges this
could introduce, especially when it comes to staying in step with the
updates from the main Pandoc repository.
We're invested in supporting the Pandoc community and would much prefer to
work within the existing framework to get these PRs processed. We're on the
lookout for any advice on how to make this as smooth and unobtrusive as
possible for everyone involved.
Could you guide us on the best way to move forward with these
contributions? Any pointers on how to streamline our PRs or suggestions on
alternative approaches that could help lighten the load for the Pandoc
maintainers would be much appreciated.