On Fri, May 27, 2016, at 06:24 AM, Frank Colcord wrote: > What's the script you use to turn a csv into readable table in > markdown? Here's one I wrote: . > the reason I liked this format: > ![Table name](./tables/table.csv) > > was that I could edit the csv files in my spreadsheet processor and > keep them as tables in the pdf I generated. > This lets me sort items, add columns, move columns around very easily, > using a tool built for that job. Oh, absolutely. I like that too. My most recent comment was specifically about copypasting blocks of csv content directly into your .md file, and having Pandoc treat that specially and render it as a table. -- John > > On Friday, May 27, 2016 at 7:33:32 AM UTC+1, jgabriele wrote: >> On Thu, May 26, 2016, at 07:48 AM, Frank Colcord wrote: >>> {snip} >>> I've handled the csv in previous projects by changing the delimiters >>> when saving a spreadsheet so the delimiters are pandoc friendly. >> >> I too have done the same thing in the past. LibreOffice can easily >> change the column delimiter in a csv file (from commas to pipes, and >> back again). But, in the end, even if you only want to copypaste the >> table into your .md file and not edit it, it still looks crummy when >> reading it in plain text. If I'm going to go through the (albeit >> small) hassle of converting csv to use pipes so I can paste it into >> my .md file, it's just as easy to use a script to convert the csv >> into a pandoc-markdown -formatted table, and paste that in instead. >> That way, my doc still is readable as plain text --- you just need to >> remember that it's generated content, and so if you want to make >> changes, do them in the csv. >> >> Because of how easy it is to do that, I'd be inclined to say that >> Pandoc could do without introducing extra syntax for automatic >> rendering of raw pasted-in csv data. >> >> -- John >> -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To post to this group, send email to pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/1464357753.647857.620578913.08BC7804%40webmail.messagingengine.com. For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.