* convert about space
@ 2020-04-20 16:38 zdm
       [not found] ` <b6489755-0481-42cb-9cda-b1cb9b50e520-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: zdm @ 2020-04-20 16:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

[image: docx.png]

[image: pdf.png]

when I convert docx to pdf

Spaces are not reserved

Is there a way reserved them?

[-- Attachment #2: docx.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 64143 bytes --]

[-- Attachment #3: pdf.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 5000 bytes --]

* Re: convert about space
       [not found] ` <b6489755-0481-42cb-9cda-b1cb9b50e520-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-20 17:37   ` Daniel Staal
       [not found]     ` <df1e0615-7835-71d7-b011-aa7ebbde5605-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
From: Daniel Staal @ 2020-04-20 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 4/20/20 12:38 PM, zdm wrote:
> when I convert docx to pdf
>
> Spaces are not reserved
>
> Is there a way reserved them?

Is there any reason you're not using a table?

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.

* Re: convert about space
       [not found]     ` <df1e0615-7835-71d7-b011-aa7ebbde5605-Jdbf3xiKgS8@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-21  8:59       ` zdm
       [not found]         ` <08303974-32d5-486b-8050-a9bb050ffa4b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: zdm @ 2020-04-21  8:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Do you mean to use tables in docx? This is a document sent by my teacher, I
don’t know why ..

在 2020年4月21日星期二 UTC+8上午1:37:31,Daniel Staal写道:

> On 4/20/20 12:38 PM, zdm wrote:
> > when I convert docx to pdf
> >
> > Spaces are not reserved
> >
> > Is there a way reserved them?
> >

> Is there any reason you're not using a table?
>
> Daniel T. Staal
>
> --
> This email copyright the author.  Unless otherwise noted, you
> are expressly allowed to retransmit, quote, or otherwise use
> the contents for non-commercial purposes.  This copyright will
> expire 5 years after the author's death, or in 30 years,
> whichever is longer, unless such a period is in excess of
> local copyright law.

* Re: convert about space
       [not found]         ` <08303974-32d5-486b-8050-a9bb050ffa4b-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2020-04-22 14:57           ` Daniel Staal
From: Daniel Staal @ 2020-04-22 14:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 4/21/20 4:59 AM, zdm wrote:
> Do you mean to use tables in docx? This is a document sent by my
> teacher, I don’t know why ..

Ok. Well, whitespace gets collapsed in Pandoc, so pure-whitespace
formatting isn't going to come through.

If you're just trying to go from docx to PDF, you may want to look at
Word's built-in PDF export, or one of the many other tools that
specialize in that conversion.  If you need to get some other output as
well, you may want to figure out a good workflow to convert these
psuedo-tables into real tables.

Daniel T. Staal

local copyright law.