* simple dictionary with pandoc
@ 2020-07-11 21:40 Tamás Ferenci
       [not found] ` <f8c4c0d5-fb07-4f8a-9c87-8bb654cfd525o-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Tamás Ferenci @ 2020-07-11 21:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Dear All,

I was thinking of implementing a very-very simple dictionary with pandoc.
The idea is the following: I store the necessary information in a
YAML-file, such as this:

---
dictionary:
- hungarian: asztal
  english: table
  remark: Can be made of wood.
- hungarian: szék
  english: chair
  remark: We sit on it.

Then I use a pandoc conversion with a custom template to produce a markdown
file (arranging them in a table or list), to which I again apply pandoc to
convert to HTML. Both a Hungarian-English and an English-Hungarian
dictionary could be produced; a simple script could automate this whole
process, using the above YAML file as an input and producing the two HTML
files as outputs.

My first problem is however whether it is possible at all to sort the
entries (alphabetically) with a template?

If not, are there any good solutions to this problem? Or pandoc is simply
not suited to solve a task like this...?

Thank you in advance,
Tamas