* CommonMark and audio/video tags
@ 2015-10-14  6:58 Federico Bruni
       [not found] ` <d469b406-08c7-4157-9b60-2f734acc006d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Federico Bruni @ 2015-10-14  6:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Hi all

I'd be interested in embedding audio and video files in markdown without
using raw html. I found this:
https://github.com/cmrd-senya/markdown-it-html5-embed

which is an extension of this implementation of CommonMark spec:
https://github.com/markdown-it/markdown-it

Can it be used in pandoc?
What's your general recommendation about it? Any plan to add something like
this in Pandoc?

I also quickly read this discussion:
http://talk.commonmark.org/t/embedded-audio-and-video/441

Thanks in advance for any pointer.
Federico

* Re: CommonMark and audio/video tags
       [not found] ` <d469b406-08c7-4157-9b60-2f734acc006d-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2015-10-23 16:33   ` Federico Bruni
From: Federico Bruni @ 2015-10-23 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi

Ok, I found that Pandoc supports commonmark as input and output format
since version 1.14 (May 2015).
So I'll watch the below discussion.

@ 2019-05-10  1:36   ` Taeer Bar-Yam
       [not found]     ` <2a219fec-81d2-4129-a177-0832f4101ad3-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Taeer Bar-Yam @ 2019-05-10  1:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I haven't been able to find anything other discussion of this subject. Now
when I try to convert a markdown file with ![](video.mp4), it outputs an
<embed> tag. I can't find any discussion of this being better than <video>,
though. Should I make an issue / pull request, or is there some reason this
was chosen?

@ 2019-05-11 13:53       ` mb21
       [not found]         ` <182bdd3a-7745-469e-ac35-087769866e11-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: mb21 @ 2019-05-11 13:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Pandoc produces the `embed` tag simply for all file extensions that are not
images. But yes, it would certainly be good to output `video` and `audio`
elements... I'll take a look.

@ 2019-05-12 16:21           ` mb21
       [not found]             ` <f4e50e10-a422-4e0d-9949-14f982e888a5-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: mb21 @ 2019-05-12 16:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Here's the pull! https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/pull/5497

@ 2019-05-12 16:26               ` Taeer Bar-Yam
From: Taeer Bar-Yam @ 2019-05-12 16:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

I saw that! Thanks so much for doing this; the code looks beautiful.

Excerpts from mb21's message of May 12, 2019 12:21 pm: