* A "reference-location" argument for HTML output?
@ 2019-02-11 16:42 Hugo Roy
       [not found] ` <91893d3cf824f3f84380b99cd50b29f7-xo6N3KML6Epulxpn9UvDqw@public.gmane.org>
From: Hugo Roy @ 2019-02-11 16:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hello,

I would like to suggest an idea --- maybe some of you have a solution
for this.

Currently the option "--reference-location = block|section|document"
allows: to "Specify whether footnotes (and references, if
reference-links is set) are placed at the end of the current (top-level)
block, the current section, or the document. The default is document.
Currently only affects the markdown writer."

I think it would be interesting to have this also for HTML output so
that, for instance, one is able to style footnotes to appear in relation
to the relevant block/section. This would be an especially useful
improvement because, unlike page-focused medium like Docx or LaTeX,
footnotes at the end of the HTML document often end up being way too far
from the relevant context.

Have anyone here tried this?

Thanks

Hugo

* Re: A "reference-location" argument for HTML output?
       [not found] ` <91893d3cf824f3f84380b99cd50b29f7-xo6N3KML6Epulxpn9UvDqw@public.gmane.org>
@ 2019-02-11 19:41   ` Albert Krewinkel
From: Albert Krewinkel @ 2019-02-11 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hugo Roy writes:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to suggest an idea --- maybe some of you have a solution for this.
>
> Currently the option "--reference-location = block|section|document" allows: to
> "Specify whether footnotes (and references, if reference-links is set) are
> placed at the end of the current (top-level) block, the current section, or the
> document. The default is document. Currently only affects the markdown writer."
>
> I think it would be interesting to have this also for HTML output so that, for
> instance, one is able to style footnotes to appear in relation to the relevant
> block/section. This would be an especially useful improvement because, unlike
> page-focused medium like Docx or LaTeX, footnotes at the end of the HTML
> document often end up being way too far from the relevant context.
>
> Have anyone here tried this?

There is the "section-refs" Lua filter, which should be close to
what you need:
https://github.com/pandoc/lua-filters/tree/master/section-refs

--
Albert

@ 2019-05-12 17:44   ` Hugo Roy
From: Hugo Roy @ 2019-05-12 17:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Hi Albert,

Thanks for the hint, I will have a look and try to make it work :)

Best,
Hugo