* citation cross reference suffixes not appearing in resulting PDF file.
@ 2023-03-03 12:48 A A
       [not found] ` <CAMwawgMp+wQW8UwFbO8uunDjskfGvNknOCnCYkrMycWS+UBvtw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: A A @ 2023-03-03 12:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Why won’t thecitation suffix appear in the PDF from the markdown below?

---
biblio-style: numeric
csl: mathematics-in-engineering.csl
geometry:
- margin=2cm
fontsize: 12pt
references:
- type: document
  id: DevGuide
  author: 'Computer Simulation Ltd.'
  issued:
    date-parts:
    - - 2021
  title: 'Development Guide'
  language: en-GB
---

Hello world @DevGuide [p. 33]

\newpage

# References

I’m compiling with the following:

pandoc -s --no-check-certificate --citeproc -H deeplists.tex --from
markdown --to latex test.md -o test.tex
latexmk -pdflatex test.tex

Where deeplists.tex is similar to what is shown in this
<https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/2922> issue and should have no impact
on what I’m doing here.

* Re: citation cross reference suffixes not appearing in resulting PDF file.
       [not found] ` <CAMwawgMp+wQW8UwFbO8uunDjskfGvNknOCnCYkrMycWS+UBvtw-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
@ 2023-03-04 17:11   ` Ian Cornelius
       [not found]     ` <91da7ece-b97d-47f9-a7c3-037b14401173n-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org>
From: Ian Cornelius @ 2023-03-04 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

Do you mean that the locator ("p. 33") does not render? This is the
expected behavior of the citation style you are using.

`mathematics-in-engineering.csl` is a dependent style of `aims-press.csl`.
Citations are written by the citation element in this file:

https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles/blob/6152ccea8b7d7a472910d36524d1bf3557a83bfc/aims-press.csl

I notice that recent publications in Mathematics in Engineering do indeed
use citations of the form "[1, p. 33]". If that is the journal policy, the
csl file should be updated. You could open an issue
at https://github.com/citation-style-language/styles

Ian

@ 2023-03-05  6:14       ` A A
       [not found]         ` <CAMwawgNLZ+3vsrrS2d2huuDVOUbzbbujQR2F36jcrVdvhZb13g-JsoAwUIsXosN+BqQ9rBEUg@public.gmane.org>
From: A A @ 2023-03-05  6:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

Thanks for your response. The citation element in aims-press.csl is as
follows:

  <citation collapse="citation-number">
    <sort>
      <key variable="citation-number"/>
    </sort>
    <layout prefix="[" suffix="]" delimiter=",">
      <text variable="citation-number"/>
    </layout>
  </citation>

I would like for the locators to render in my final document, so I guess
I’d have to select another style or modify this one. Do you happen to know
Which part of the XML is responsible for rendering the locator?

@ 2023-03-05 15:07           ` Ian Cornelius
From: Ian Cornelius @ 2023-03-05 15:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: A A; +Cc: pandoc-discuss

I would modify the citation element in aims-press.csl to match the
corresponding element in ieee.csl. If you do that, also copy the macro
invoked in the ieee.csl citation element.

Excerpts from A A's message of 2023-03-05 07:14:05 +0100:

--
Ian Cornelius (he|they)
https://icornelius.github.io/