* Indicating location of notes?
@ 2021-02-08 20:29 Joseph Reagle
       [not found] ` <f18a26b2-0201-2bfe-2ba2-271a9fd2d226-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-02-08 20:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I believe we can indicate the location of the reference section via:

```
# References

::: {#refs}
:::
```

Is there something similar for the (foot)notes?

* AW: Indicating location of notes?
       [not found] ` <f18a26b2-0201-2bfe-2ba2-271a9fd2d226-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-02-08 20:43   ` denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ
       [not found]     ` <c08c22007b0b46ef8cffe256681ec256-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org>
From: denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ @ 2021-02-08 20:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

There's this option:

====================
--reference-location=block|section|document

    Specify whether footnotes (and references, if reference-links is set) are placed at the end of the current (top-level) block, the current section, or the document. The default is document. Currently only affects the markdown writer.
====================

So, there's some control over the placement of footnotes, but only if the target is markdown. And even there it's only these three options.

* Re: AW: Indicating location of notes?
       [not found]     ` <c08c22007b0b46ef8cffe256681ec256-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-02-08 20:49       ` Joseph Reagle
From: Joseph Reagle @ 2021-02-08 20:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 2/8/21 3:43 PM, denis.maier-FfwAq0itz3ofv37vnLkPlQ@public.gmane.org wrote:
> --reference-location=block|section|document

Thank you, I did see that when I was searching the manual, but am looking for flexibility akin to {#refs}. I expect it doesn't exist...

* Re: Indicating location of notes?
       [not found] ` <f18a26b2-0201-2bfe-2ba2-271a9fd2d226-T1oY19WcHSwdnm+yROfE0A@public.gmane.org>
@ 2021-02-08 21:15   ` Pablo Rodríguez
From: Pablo Rodríguez @ 2021-02-08 21:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw

On 2/8/21 9:29 PM, Joseph Reagle wrote:
> I believe we can indicate the location of the reference section via:
>
> ```
> # References
>
> ::: {#refs}
> :::
> ```
>
> Is there something similar for the (foot)notes?

Hi Joseph,

I asked for exactly this feature
(https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/1720).

And also a similar feature for the TOC
(https://github.com/jgm/pandoc/issues/1612).

Maybe one day footnotes and the table of cotents can be place inside the
document the same way as references can be placed now.

Just in case it helps,

Pablo
--
http://www.ousia.tk