On 23. 10. 19 6:30, Jeff Mcneill wrote: > In markdown, I markup a dinkus as such: > >

∗ ∗ ∗

What version of Pandoc are you using? If I test with |echo '

∗ ∗ ∗

' | pandoc -f html -t latex | od -t x1| I can see the UTF-8 characters U+2217 make it through into the LaTeX output. ​ > > The class simply centers the text.  > > However, for pdf output, I have to mark up in latex as: > > \begin{center} > * * * > \end{center} > > This is not a true dinkus, as it uses an asterisk rather than a ∗.  > > I've got two issues here: > > 1. How do I make latex (and pdflatex) suppor the dinkus html or > unicode entity? > > 2. Does anyone know a clever way of marking up the pandoc markdown so > that I can use a single source to properly generate both epub and pdf > dinkus? > > Note that if I leave the latex text in, the dinkus is not displayed in > epub, and if I leave only the markdown in, then the literal `

class="dinkus">∗ ∗ ∗

` is displayed in pdf. > > Any thoughts are deeply appreciated. > > Note: because of some issues I am experiencing with xelatex and images > in pdf (they don't display), I cannot use that to solve any of these > issues. > -- > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google > Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send > an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFFw@public.gmane.org > . > To view this discussion on the web visit > https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/c65ec88e-4c98-4fb1-8c9e-46a3553293ff%40googlegroups.com > . -- VH -- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "pandoc-discuss" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to pandoc-discuss+unsubscribe-/JYPxA39Uh5TLH3MbocFF+G/Ez6ZCGd0@public.gmane.org To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/pandoc-discuss/1850e0db-100f-7d36-f338-6ad3379e8c00%40gmail.com.