* How to control indentation of lists in docx?
@ 2020-08-10 15:01 Mikhail Matrosov
From: Mikhail Matrosov @ 2020-08-10 15:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss

I convert AsciiDoc to Word via DocBook. The db->docx conversion is done
with Pandoc and is the most interesting.

I provide a reference file with --reference-doc. I specified indentation
for the Body Text style in the reference file. Now text is indented. But
lists are not:

[image: enter image description here] <https://i.stack.imgur.com/DgIGi.png>

While digging through the contents of the generated docx I discovered that
you cannot control indentation of list items directly. Instead, you specify
numPr/numId. From document.xml:

    <w:p>
      <w:pPr>
        <w:numPr>
          <w:ilvl w:val="0"/>
          <w:numId w:val="1002"/>
        </w:numPr>
      </w:pPr>
      <w:r>
        <w:t xml:space="preserve">This is the list</w:t>
      </w:r>
    </w:p>

There is a corresponding definition in numbering.xml:

  <w:num w:numId="1002">
    <w:abstractNumId w:val="99401"/>
  </w:num>

And there is the definition of w:abstractNum in the same file:

  <w:abstractNum w:abstractNumId="99401">
    <w:multiLevelType w:val="multilevel"/>
    <w:lvl w:ilvl="0">
      <w:pPr>
        <w:ind w:left="480" w:hanging="480"/>
      </w:pPr>
    </w:lvl>

Here we finally have the indentation. If I edit it here in the generated
docx, it works, I can see how the lists are indented.

But how do I do this in the reference docx? I don't even see this strange
w:abstractNumId="99401" in it. And if I add it, it gets overwritten.

PS Cross-posted from https://stackoverflow.com/q/63342743/261217

* How to control indentation of lists in docx?
@ 2020-08-11  8:07 Mikhail Matrosov
From: Mikhail Matrosov @ 2020-08-11  8:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pandoc-discuss